Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr Slow: The Return

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Was really not feeling it tonight and after 3 miles @ 8:45 pace finally settled into it so as I clocked 4 miles I came to the bottom of a hill, a railway overpass, with an up and down and decided I'd do a bit of hill work.

5 x hill repeats 320m long, 80ft elevation, avg moving pace 6:15 min miles, best pace 4:34 min miles,

Total run 7.9 miles.

I know I ran these too fast and should have done a few more repeats but that's life!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

mrslow wrote: »

5 x hill repeats 320m long, 80ft elevation, avg moving pace 6:15 min miles, best pace 4:34 min miles,

Did you do those repeats going up or down the hill? :P
    If up, thats some going!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

menoscemo wrote: »
    Did you do those repeats going up or down the hill? :P
    If up, thats some going!!

As i said, he's built like an elite, its only a matter of time before the performances follow :pac:

4:34 pace probably lasted a second, watch this space though;)

Had a very pleasant run this evening in the rain, wasn't feeling it to begin with but kept faith and had a smooth trot.

6.5 miles in 51 mins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Are you racing tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Good luck on Sunday and i expect a PB to be posted.

Remember, pain is your friend!

RayCun wrote: »
    Are you racing tomorrow?

That's the plan but I feel like sh1te today:(
    chinguetti wrote: »
    Good luck on Sunday and i expect a PB to be posted.

Remember, pain is your friend!

Thanks Mister a pb will be no problem, my previous 10k racing pb is 54:07 ;)

2 mile warm up and into the pit I go, I position myself about 20 feet back from the start as I'm sure everyone ahead of me is faster, I was wrong20.gif, I hit the Garmin with the gun and off we went but it took at least 10 secs to get across the line as there were buckets of fun runners up with the elites. I hopped up onto the ditch (expending energy I really didn't have as I was feeling quite weak this morning), trying to get ahead and up to pace.

If hills and pain are your friends and the worse you feel on the hills and the more pain you experience in a race makes them closer friends then by the time I hit the Kyber we were lovers.The Kyber nearly killed me, there were people at my pace walking it:eek: I can honestly say that today's race was up there with the last 10k of the marathon - I felt washed out and never comfortable and managing to come in @ 46:09 which is a pb is annoying me due to the time lost at the beginning, but I'll get over it - Roll on Mallow.

Tried to connect my Garmin for the race report but it froze:eek: when I got it working again the race was gone :mad:

C'est la vie - I now have a time to beat!

By the way to me a €30 valued goody bag is not 2 x €10 vouchers (having to spend at least €50 to redeem either) and a singlet.

The race was organised well, (started late though) well marshalled and good fun in spite of my whinging!

I met Menoscemo at the finish, (thanks for the cheer at 8km!) and we trotted 2 miles back to the car before he ran off on what I suspect is another epic run.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I met Menoscemo at the finish, (thanks for the cheer at 8km!) and we trotted 2 miles back to the car before he ran off on what I suspect is another epic run.:eek:

No at all, just did a lap of the park. Sorry to burst your bubble but the lads on the events forum are sayin the course was qute a bit short :eek:

As I said to you today, I fancy you for 45:xx on a day when your feeling 100%. I'd say you are good for 75 minutes in mallow.

• Advertisement

menoscemo wrote: »
    No at all, just did a lap of the park. Sorry to burst your bubble but the lads on the events forum are sayin the course was qute a bit short :eek:

As I said to you today, I fancy you for 45:xx on a day when your feeling 100%. I'd say you are good for 75 minutes in mallow.

The Garmin said 6.26 miles, that'll do me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Never made it down to the start to rob the chococlate from your goody bag so don't blame me if it was crap!!!

Congrats on the PB

shazkea wrote: »
    Never made it down to the start to rob the chococlate from your goody bag so don't blame me if it was crap!!!

Congrats on the PB

Hey Missus, Goodie bag? I wouldn't call it that!

Was looking out for you in my mankini!

Hey Missus, Goodie bag? I wouldn't call it that!

Was looking out for you in my mankini!

That's exactly why I didn't make it - couldn't risk the trauma :D

That's exactly why I didn't make it - couldn't risk the trauma :D

Couldn't take the heat more like! Apparantly it was 140 metres short, I'd like to choke someone now :mad:

My time should have been around 46.36 according to cool runnings

Couldn't take the heat more like! Apparantly it was 140 metres short, I'd like to choke someone now :mad:

Was it a pink mankini you had like Alex!!!

Aye read the course was short - not bloody rocket science to measure a course. So not a PB then :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

That is one terrifying piece of underwear :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Don't let a short course take away from what was a really good run from you on a tough course. You were smashing today.

Aye read the course was short - not bloody rocket science to measure a course. So not a PB then :(

Still a pb, my last 10k was 54:07!

Don't let a short course take away from what was a really good run from you on a tough course. You were smashing today.

Why thank you (Mr Slow blushes a little), you were smashin too;)

• Advertisement

That is one terrifying piece of underwear :pac:

It's all the rage in Diggerland where yer man has gone skiing!

Why thank you (Mr Slow blushes a little), you were smashin too;)

I was hiding under my duvet while you were out there running. I'm getting quite good at being lazy though. Nice to see my efforts are being recognised! :pac:

I was hiding under my duvet while you were out there running. I'm getting quite good at being lazy though. Nice to see my efforts are being recognised! :pac:

If there were medals for hitting the snooze button, you'd be an olympian.

Are you coming to Mallow?

If there were medals for hitting the snooze button, you'd be an olympian.

Are you coming to Mallow?

Dunno yet. Would like to do the half in Wicklow that day and theres an IMRA race that day too. I'll do one of the three. I'm not good at making decisions though, so this is going to be difficult for me. :(

Dunno yet. Would like to do the half in Wicklow that day and theres an IMRA race that day too. I'll do one of the three. I'm not good at making decisions though, so this is going to be difficult for me. :(

There's alcohol at our one!!! 1056.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Well done on the PB regardless of the short course. I can imagine that you are fairly peeved about it and rightly so. How hard is it to measure a course right?

However you have a time to aim at for the next 10k when you'll be feeling better and the course is aimed at faster times and oh, 10k in distance.

Would Dunshaughlin be the longer term aim for a 10k time?

chinguetti wrote: »
    Well done on the PB regardless of the short course. I can imagine that you are fairly peeved about it and rightly so. How hard is it to measure a course right?

However you have a time to aim at for the next 10k when you'll be feeling better and the course is aimed at faster times and oh, 10k in distance.

Would Dunshaughlin be the longer term aim for a 10k time?

Thanks, it is indeed, my first ever race, I'd love to go back and lash through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

That is a fantastic time, despite the difficulties you had during the race, so you should be really proud of yourself.
    Crikey, I better get my ass in gear for Dunshaughlin......
    GAME ON! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Race yis both :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

RayCun wrote: »
    Race yis both :D

Actually I think I'm going to be washing my hair that day. ;)

Advertisement