Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr Slow: The Return

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

8.22/8.30/8.53 - is that not very fast? I mean if you slowed it right down (like you're always telling us novices to do!)to say 10m/m would it not be a bit easier?

HA, that's you told C! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

jcsmum wrote: »
    HA, that's you told C! :D

Yes, my own words coming back to haunt me, but I shall take notice, Career Move speaks more sense than the rest of you oul battle hardened wans.:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Mr Slow wrote: »
    Yes, my own words coming back to haunt me, but I shall take notice, Career Move speaks more sense than the rest of you oul battle hardened wans.:P

Ahem, Ahem!!!
    Younganne wrote: »
    Slow & Steady, thats the way and you'll get there:D

Younganne wrote: »
    Ahem, Ahem!!!

You're not a 'Wan' Anne! ;)

You're not a 'Wan' Anne! ;)

ha ha, thanks (i think:confused:)

• Advertisement

2.42 miles at 9.17 pace, had planned 4 but my new runners don't agree with me and my back started hurting so I pulled up.

1,000.54 miles for the year, whoop di do:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Junk miles are a myth, every single one of those miles will stand to you when you get back into the grove!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

It's all aerobic development - stronger heart, more capillaries (or is it bigger capillaries?)... all that good stuff.

1000m run is 1000m run, 1000m more than some people!! ;)

Thanks Guys but I can't help thinking it should be 2,000 but C'est la vie. My therapist says I've reached the first level of recovery where I'm not sick and don't need to take a supplement for energy, I'll plateau for a while then jump to level 2, then 3.... but it will be most likely February before I'll be in a position to train for anything, patience is a virtue. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Well done on the 1000 miles. I know it's not the way you wanted to reach that milestone, but it is still some achievement. :)

So...I've pre-registered for Berlin! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

So...I've pre-registered for Berlin! :)

Best of luck, 2013 hopefully will be good to you.

tang1 wrote: »
    Best of luck, 2013 hopefully will be good to you.

It bleedin better or I'll revert to smoking and drinking, I felt much healthier then. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

It bleedin better or I'll revert to smoking and drinking, I felt much healthier then. :rolleyes:

ha ha. just came out of McDonalds with 2 big Mac meals. carb loading:)

Not for me though. Pregnant wife and mother in law.

ha ha. just came out of McDonalds with 2 big Mac meals. carb loading:)

Not for me though. Pregnant wife and mother in law.

Your mother in law is pregnant too? She must have been a child bride! :eek:

Good luck tomorrow.

Your mother in law is pregnant too? She must have been a child bride! :eek:

Good luck tomorrow.

haha thanks

haha thanks

3:3x?

3:3x?

if a good day. 3:4x could be more than likely. you out watching it and off to the pub after?

if a good day. 3:4x could be more than likely. you out watching it and off to the pub after?

Yep, myself and Chinguetti and possibly Racoon Queen will be up around the 24/25 mile mark.

• Advertisement

Yep, myself and Chinguetti and possibly Racoon Queen will be up around the 24/25 mile mark.

Will look out for ye. ye can slip into slatterys for a quick one

Will look out for ye. ye can slip into slatterys for a quick one

That's actually where we're heading, great minds and all that.;)

I've spent the last year 'knocked down', this will be my 'get's up':)

40. BMW BERLIN-MARATHON

Your participation was successfully transfered and accepted. Have a nice day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

On Saturday I will have 12 treatment sessions behind me, in the first meeting I had to fill out a few questionaires and have a physical exam for signs and symptoms and was given a score of 6 (1 is dead and 10 is perfectly healthy) and had 14 of 16 symptoms of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome , this Saturday I will repeat the process, the results will dictate whether or not I can start to exercise again in a structured way and if I've reached the point that I can move from weekly to fortnightly treatment.

I'm hopeful! :)

Plantar facia is annoying, cant imagine going through what you have and staying positive the way you have. Fingers crossed for good news next week.

Plantar facia is annoying, cant imagine going through what you have and staying positive the way you have. Fingers crossed for good news next week.

Thanks Tang, I just remember how it felt to feel strong, when running was easy and I'm determined to get back there. :)

When will you be back training?

Thanks Tang, I just remember how it felt to feel strong, when running was easy and I'm determined to get back there. :)

When will you be back training?

I'm back about 3 weeks, still easing back. Foot is 100% better, running 4 days a week but longest i've ran so far is 8 miles. Dont want to mess it up again.

I'm back about 3 weeks, still easing back. Foot is 100% better, running 4 days a week but longest i've ran so far is 8 miles. Dont want to mess it up again.

Softly softly catchy monkey, any set goals for next year?

• Advertisement

Softly softly catchy monkey, any set goals for next year?

10 miler in March, looking at breaking 70 mins at least then Kildare Half maybe in early May. Thats if foot holds up of course.

Advertisement