Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr Slow: The Return

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Fingers and toes crossed, you deserve a break now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

jcsmum wrote: »
    Fingers and toes crossed, you deserve a break now.

Jesus K, 'Break a leg' is not what I need right now :P

tang1 wrote: »
    10 miler in March, looking at breaking 70 mins at least then Kildare Half maybe in early May. Thats if foot holds up of course.

Mallow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Mr Slow wrote: »

Mallow?

Na, Bundoran. Her that must be obeyed is from Donegal. Done it past two years and its a great race.

Na, Bundoran. Her that must be obeyed is from Donegal. Done it past two years and its a great race.

Sub 70 should be a formality for you, I'd expect you to be looking for something a bit sharper if training goes well for you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Sub 70 should be a formality for you, I'd expect you to be looking for something a bit sharper if training goes well for you.

Cheers, wish i was as positive! If training goes well it should be possible.

Cheers, wish i was as positive! If training goes well it should be possible.

No bother to you, I was in 41min 10k shape when I ran Mallow last year just after a bout of manful and ran low 72 handy enough, you'll coast it.

I now have 6 of the symptoms of Chronic Fatigue, my physical symptoms are all but gone and my new score is 7 and a half.

I can now start running properly again, nice and easy but here's where the recovery begins!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Great to hear man delighted for you. You have persevered through alot jus remember than and make sure to keep it very easy and build up slowly. There will be plenty of time for solid training in the new year now its just a case of setting yourself up for it

ecoli wrote: »
    Great to hear man delighted for you. You have persevered through alot jus remember than and make sure to keep it very easy and build up slowly. There will be plenty of time for solid training in the new year now its just a case of setting yourself up for it

Thanks L, I won't be rushing anything.;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

still need to find you the perfect running shoe ;)

still need to find you the perfect running shoe ;)

I keep finding one and then they go and change the bleedin thing!

I keep finding one and then they go and change the bleedin thing!

Nothing worse. Finally retired my Brooks t5s and though the t7s are decent just not in the same realm in terms of a shoe

Nothing worse. Finally retired my Brooks t5s and though the t7s are decent just not in the same realm in terms of a shoe

If it ain't broke.....

I was happy out with the New Balance 1080's and their big heel, then they brought out the new model which are one step up from racers:mad:

If it ain't broke.....

I was happy out with the New Balance 1080's and their big heel, then they brought out the new model which are one step up from racers:mad:

Problem was my racers were pushing on 5 years now and starting to cause injury problems (developed mild case of plantar)

Reckon they weak it so you buy the next 6 models of the same shoe in the hope that the next one will revert back to what they were doing right. Crafty buggers:D

Problem was my racers were pushing on 5 years now and starting to cause injury problems (developed mild case of plantar)

5 years of running? You must have had about 15,000 miles in them:eek:

I'm all for saving money but that's a bit of a stretch ;)

5 years of running? You must have had about 15,000 miles in them:eek:

I'm all for saving money but that's a bit of a stretch ;)

Only used them for sessions and races (so less than 10000 :p)

Just a case of if its not broke dont fix it.

To be fair they are still in grand nick in terms of no rips or anything just the soles have been work down to a nub at this stage :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

I now have 6 of the symptoms of Chronic Fatigue, my physical symptoms are all but gone and my new score is 7 and a half.

I can now start running properly again, nice and easy but here's where the recovery begins!

Well, how many miles have you run since Saturday..... huuuury up!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Good to hear you're on the mend. Maybe we'll get out for that run before the end of the year. :pac:

• Advertisement

jcsmum wrote: »

Well, how many miles have you run since Saturday..... huuuury up!

Not a single one, struck down with a virus/man flu, f##kin typical. :'(

4.65 miles @ 9:38 pace average hr 158

Heart Rate was very high, most likely due to it freaking out in a WTF kinda way at being forced to work again at the point in the evening where it had become used to fuelling my digestive system in processing beer and Swiss Roll. It wasn't hard, it felt like easy pace and I could have carried on for the same distance again, what will be telling is how I feel tomorrow. Had to wear my old Brooks Glycerin runners which I'm not mad about but having tried 15 different pairs in Base2Race without success on Sat there was no other choice.

Next run - same again on Thursday.

4.65 miles @ 9:38 pace average hr 158

Heart Rate was very high, most likely due to it freaking out in a WTF kinda way at being forced to work again at the point in the evening where it had become used to fuelling my digestive system in processing beer and Swiss Roll. It wasn't hard, it felt like easy pace and I could have carried on for the same distance again, what will be telling is how I feel tomorrow. Had to wear my old Brooks Glycerin runners which I'm not mad about but having tried 15 different pairs in Base2Race without success on Sat there was no other choice.

Next run - same again on Thursday.
    Complete diva....:rolleyes:

Complete diva....:rolleyes:

Guilty as charged :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

The comeback commences! May the force be with you! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Guilty as charged :)

Still not as bad as me at shoe shopping time :pac:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcToHEbDnYdRb__ICYUhGZd-Dvbhh-5hkJbzetnlEXebKugqXmevvA

Bet Mr Slow was just like Bart in front of the mirrors in Base2Race....

blockic wrote: »
    The comeback commences! May the force be with you! :)

Thanks.:)

There'll be nothing exciting here for a good while, I can't get into any really taxing sessions until I reach 9 on the scale so it'll be easy all the way for a few months. I'm looking forward to getting back down to the group runs in the park on those crisp weekend mornings though.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcToHEbDnYdRb__ICYUhGZd-Dvbhh-5hkJbzetnlEXebKugqXmevvA

Bet Mr Slow was just like Bart in front of the mirrors in Base2Race....

Don't lose the run of yourself there missus.

• Advertisement

Don't lose the run of yourself there missus.
    Sorry was only messing :o

Advertisement