Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr Slow: The Return

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

2.41 miles average pace 9.22 average hr 162

Going back through a spell of toxicity, I'm in no man's land at the moment but it's quite interesting in that they say that stress is a poison in your body and right now I'm living proof of that. My system is so sensitive to stress (work is a nightmare at the minute) that any pressurised situations will see me go from fine to very sick in minutes, equally when I'm feeling toxic, doing things to relieve that stress result in an easing of the toxicity. Still in a very positive place but when motivation flags I focus on crossing that line in Berlin feeling strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

I was reading... somewhere, can't remember... that training is a process of putting stress on your body and having it adapt to that stress by getting stronger. And we all realise that training too hard will put too much stress on, so instead of getting stronger your body breaks down. But we forget that training isn't the only source of stress in our lives - so the amount of training that would make you stronger some weeks will make you break down in other weeks, because it is added to stress from other places.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

How does running feel at that pace and HR?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I was going to say, the HR seems very very high, making it a threshold run instead of an easy run.
    Would it not be better to 'run' at a much lower HR, even if that means the pace is 11/12 min/mile? Or is it the case that the condition causes the HR to go through the roof whatever the pace?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

menoscemo wrote: »
    I was going to say, the HR seems very very high, making it a threshold run instead of an easy run.
    Would it not be better to 'run' at a much lower HR, even if that means the pace is 11/12 min/mile? Or is it the case that the condition causes the HR to go through the roof whatever the pace?
    Apparently Mr Slow does not do slow :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Mentally he does...

It feels just like 9:20 pace used to feel, my breathing isn't laboured and it doesn't feel very taxing, the thing is if I were to attempt to run faster the hr comes through and I can feel the legs wilt. I think it's a combination of the current toxicity and lost fitness. I'm going to get out more often over the next few weeks and run by feel as per last night, I would expect the hr to drop quite quickly and represent the harder side of easy for that pace within a few weeks, if things in work calm down I would expect a more substantial drop.

Long legs, what ya gonna do? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

I have no idea what comment to leave on your log.

Will you just ever hurry up and start running properly. We have marathons to prepare for. :rolleyes:

2.42 miles 9 min pace hr monitor a load of sh1te

I knew I was feeling better this evening, I stood outside the house and my hr before setting off was mid 50's (last night it was high 70's) 20 steps in and it was reading 170 and pretty much stayed there for the run even though I was very comfortable and my breathing was perfect. I must need a software upgrade or something.

Tonight's run was much easier than last night, I'm not watching hr anymore, I know myself well enough at this stage to know when I'm right/wrong, from here on in it will be on feel.

• Advertisement

Mr Slow wrote: »
    , I know myself well enough at this stage to know when I'm right/wrong.

Men are never right. :rolleyes:
    (has that wife of yours taught you nothing!)

jcsmum wrote: »
    Men are never right. :rolleyes:
    (has that wife of yours taught you nothing!)

You just keep telling yourself that dear.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭banner_phoenix

I have no idea what comment to leave on your log.

Will you just ever hurry up and start running properly. We have marathons to prepare for. :rolleyes:

:D What she said!

28th November:
    Post viral malaise and toxicity does not a low resting hr make.

2.45 miles average pace 9:00 average hr 165.

Cracked my back on Sunday morning which isn't helping with the flushing of toxins (long story will tell you again:)) back to treatment on Friday, 10 days early to get my back reset and on we go again.

Today:

2.41 miles average pace 8:05 average hr 171

I smiled the whole way through this run, it's been a while :D

4.55 Miles average pace 9:21 average hr 161

Started running in sexy Asics gel Nimbus, feeling it in the quads and knees but I'm sure I'll get used to them because they're really pretty. :)

4.55 Miles average pace 9:21 average hr 161

Started running in sexy Asics gel Nimbus, feeling it in the quads and knees but I'm sure I'll get used to them because they're really pretty. :)
    As long as you're looking hot that's the main thing ;)

Btw I'm not buying you're motivational video....what he had a camera with him all the time and he lost 140 Ibs (10 stone) in 10 months while also putting on a load of muscle :rolleyes:

As long as you're looking hot that's the main thing ;)

Btw I'm not buying you're motivational video....what he had a camera with him all the time and he lost 140 Ibs (10 stone) in 10 months while also putting on a load of muscle :rolleyes:

Ever heard of artistic licence? The dude went from not being able to walk to running, that's impressive.:)

Ever heard of artistic licence? The dude went from not being able to walk to running, that's impressive.:)

Why do they always have to play coldplay songs on those videos? :mad:

When DDP believes in you wonderful things can happen :P

• Advertisement

When DDP believes in you wonderful things can happen :P

That must be his version of 'The Leader' :)

He had crutches. That doesn't mean he wasn't able to walk. Maybe he just needed time to recover from the bruising inflicted by the paratrooping

He had crutches. That doesn't mean he wasn't able to walk. Maybe he just needed time to recover from the bruising inflicted by the paratrooping

You're absolutely right! I stand corrected, that's it of course, the swelling had to come down, that's that sorted! Oh wait, he was on crutches for 15 years!!! :P :pac:

You're absolutely right! I stand corrected, that's it of course, the swelling had to come down, that's that sorted! Oh wait, he was on crutches for 15 years!!! :P :pac:
    Haha....lazy sod :D

Haha....lazy sod :D

I'm working hard on being a more positive person (It's hard work:o) but I couldn't help but think he should have done this years ago and what a waste of 15 years. It's a glass half empty kinda thing but whether half empty or half full the important thing to focus on is that there's wine in the glass :D

2.43 Miles average hr 165 average pace 8:30

Off to the doc in the morning to check my B12 levels, I was on a supplement (patch) which can only be gotten in the UK, I ran out 3 weeks ago and it's taking an age to get new ones to me, in the last 3 weeks I've been feeling toxic and drained at times again so hopefully a blood test will confirm the deficiency and I can start getting B12 injections here rather than depending on an intermittent supply from the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Dude, you may need something cathartic to get rid of all those toxins ;)

digger2d2 wrote: »

Yeah C, have you got any old, non funny anecdotes to tell? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Yeah C, have you got any old, non funny anecdotes to tell? :rolleyes:

Ouch... Since you got faster you got nasty :p

• Advertisement

Ouch... Since you got faster you got nasty :p

You don't know the half of it dude! :-P

Advertisement