Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr Slow: The Return

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

2.41 Miles average hr 159 average pace 9.14

Decided to take our 2 year old Jack Russell for this run, she's in better condition than I am, that's for sure :rolleyes:

This run felt easy, the hr monitor isn't 100%, about half the time I pressed it in place the hr fell by 5 beats or more so I reckon this run should have read sub 154 at least. Once I start getting towards 8/10 miles it should start to read more accurately. This week I'm increasing my runs to 4 and growng the distance to 6/7 on the longer run. Softly softly catchy monkey.

Blood tests back, never so disappointed to be perfectly healthy :rolleyes:

As my doctor said, I'm fit (relatively) and healthy, I just don't feel that way. B12 levels are sky high, no issue there, my patches arrived today and I was going to toss them but notice they also contain Selenium which is used to treat adrenal fatigue, I'll go back on the patches for a few weeks and if I get a result, I'll start a Selenium supplement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

Mr Slow wrote: »
    Blood tests back, never so disappointed to be perfectly healthy :rolleyes:

As my doctor said, I'm fit (relatively) and healthy, I just don't feel that way. B12 levels are sky high, no issue there, my patches arrived today and I was going to toss them but notice they also contain Selenium which is used to treat adrenal fatigue, I'll go back on the patches for a few weeks and if I get a result, I'll start a Selenium supplement.
    Is that wise? I don't think you should be using supplements if you don't need them. It sounds like you're just using them for a placebo effect. Don't do it.

High blood levels of selenium (>100 mcg/dL) can result in a condition called selenosis. Symptoms of selenosis include gastrointestinal upsets, hair loss, white blotchy nails, garlic breath odor, fatigue, irritability, and mild nerve damage. The Institute of Medicine of the National Academy of Sciences has set a tolerable upper intake level (UL) for selenium at 400 micrograms per day for adults to prevent the risk of developing selenosis

Is that wise? I don't think you should be using supplements if you don't need them. It sounds like you're just using them for a placebo effect. Don't do it.

High blood levels of selenium (>100 mcg/dL) can result in a condition called selenosis. Symptoms of selenosis include gastrointestinal upsets, hair loss, white blotchy nails, garlic breath odor, fatigue, irritability, and mild nerve damage. The Institute of Medicine of the National Academy of Sciences has set a tolerable upper intake level (UL) for selenium at 400 micrograms per day for adults to prevent the risk of developing selenosis

That's Selenium poisoning and believe me it's no placebo effect;) I looked back over emails from a company who produce a supplement I found great in the past to see what changes had been made (It stopped working for me) and what do you know, they reduced the Selenium content. If I'm wrong there's no loss, if I'm right you'll see my hr fall rapidly before the New Year.

That's Selenium poisoning and believe me it's no placebo effect;) I looked back over emails from a company who produce a supplement I found great in the past to see what changes had been made (It stopped working for me) and what do you know, they reduced the Selenium content. If I'm wrong there's no loss, if I'm right you'll see my hr fall rapidly before the New Year.
    Ok but if you had low selenium levels would it not show up in your blood results?

I know thats selenium poisoning thats why I posted it because if you don't have low selenium and you're taking selenium supplements then...... Also selenium interacts with a lot of other minerals e.g copper => you could just be digging a great big hole for yourself

• Advertisement

Ok but if you had low selenium levels would it not show up in your blood results?

I know thats selenium poisoning thats why I posted it because if you don't have low selenium and you're taking selenium supplements then...... Also selenium interacts with a lot of other minerals e.g copper => you could just be digging a great big hole for yourself

I'm feeling the love now:), thanks for caring :D!

The level of Selenium in the patches is quite low and it would just be part of an overall jigsaw, now don't be fretting. ;)

2.38 Miles average hr 161 average pace 8:56

Took doggy along again, she hardly upped her breathing rate (B1tch:)), my legs have woken up, they felt strong coming home and wanted more road, can't wait to get out for a good long run but patience is a virtue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Oi! You're a vet not a doctor! So either:

a) stick to your own:p
    or
    b) are you saying Mr. Slow is an animal?!:pac:

BOOM!

blockic wrote: »

or

BOOM!

I am an animal but that's none of your business! :P

Oh wasn't aware she already clarified this.

Must have had first hand experience so! :pac:

• Advertisement

I'm feeling the love now:), thanks for caring :D!

The level of Selenium in the patches is quite low and it would just be part of an overall jigsaw, now don't be fretting. ;)
    I am not a caring sharing type of person :mad:

or

BOOM!
    You've blown my cover :mad::mad:

I am not a caring sharing type of person :mad:

Ah look, she's exposed her soft underbelly and is getting all shy, don't worry missus, you're among friends, you can Mammy us as much as you want. :D

Ah look, she's exposed her soft underbelly and is getting all shy, don't worry missus, you're among friends, you can Mammy us as much as you want. :D

Very angry this morning alright!

Very angry this morning alright!
    emo42.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭banner_phoenix

A prime example of delusions of grandeur :p...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭rasher_m

...I thought he was just into Beastiality :confused:

Nice! :mad:

4.58 Miles average hr 166 average pace 8:41

Felt the last two miles of this, even had a 5 min flat spot but finished strong, tomorrow off and a slow 5 on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

great to see the mileage going up for you, you have great patience, but then thats whats required...keep it going!!!:D

Younganne wrote: »
    great to see the mileage going up for you, you have great patience, but then thats whats required...keep it going!!!:D

Thanks Anne, I'm getting there, I feel great today whereas I felt like a boiled sh1te after the first 7/8 runs back the next day, a quick recovery is a good sign that things are moving in the right direction.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

rasher_m wrote: »

...I thought he was just into Beastiality :confused:

69 with a lion?

Nice! :mad:

Ah sorry C did I hurt your male ego. Humblest apologies. I will buy you one of those lovely wild goose beers next night out :D

Ah sorry C did I hurt your male ego. Humblest apologies. I will buy you one of those lovely wild goose beers next night out :D

How goes the organisation of that night out?

How goes the organisation of that night out?

RQ has "volunteered" to take on the role of A/R Ents Manager for 2013 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Fair play to her. Will she have her throne at all said events? I guess they will be craft beer free events as well :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

pistol_75 wrote: »
    I guess they will be craft beer free events as well :rolleyes:

Lads, don't knock the craft beer. 10% strength xmas beer was had the other night. Twas only lovely stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

chinguetti wrote: »
    Lads, don't knock the craft beer. 10% strength xmas beer was had the other night. Twas only lovely stuff.

I'm pretty partial to the stuff myself but some people.... well you just can't please them all

pistol_75 wrote: »
    I'm pretty partial to the stuff myself but some people.... well you just can't please them all

Not the impression I got the last night, look craft beers are fine and dandy...if you're into them, this also applies to nipple piercing and cricket, but like craft beer, none of the above blow my skirt up.:)

6 miles average hr 148 average pace 9:52

Horror show of a run, didn't fuel properly because it was 'only' 6 miles, hr is better though so that's something.

• Advertisement

Horror show of a run, didn't fuel properly because it was 'only' 6 miles
    Tut tut....rookie mistake ;)

Advertisement