Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr Slow: The Return

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Tut tut....rookie mistake ;)

I'm considering starting a fresh log under a new name befitting my noob status :'(

2.42 Miles average hr 165 average pace 8:43

Feel about a 100, roll on 2013 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

Mr Slow wrote: »

What's that about??

I'm not giving you any more advice :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

may 2013 be better for you than 2012 was in you running life...i hope in every way 2013 will be good to you!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭rasher_m

I hope you feel better in the new year

• Advertisement

What's that about??

I'm not giving you any more advice :mad:

Option 3 is looking good! ;)
    Younganne wrote: »
    may 2013 be better for you than 2012 was in you running life...i hope in every way 2013 will be good to you!!:D

Thanks Anne, Happy New Year.
    rasher_m wrote: »
    I hope you feel better in the new year

Thanks Missus.

Option 3 is looking good! ;)
    Ya you could be right.....you're not tough enough for Option1 :p

Ya you could be right.....you're not tough enough for Option1 :p

Grrrrrr

8.17 miles average hr 154 average pace 10:39

First run of the year, struggled to keep the hr down but finished strong, I'll never get fit on 3 mile runs, so this was a good start.

First run of the year, struggled to keep the hr down but finished strong, I'll never get fit on 3 mile runs, so this was a good start.

Looks like you're improving, the mileage is getting higher. I think you're pace is looking pretty sensible to me, the way it should be when you're come back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Good one Mr Slow, getting there!

Looks like you're improving, the mileage is getting higher. I think you're pace is looking pretty sensible to me, the way it should be when you're come back.

You're right of course, and I'll keep plugging on, looking forward to being able to lash through this though! :)

You're right of course, and I'll keep plugging on, looking forward to being able to lash through this though! :)

I met a woman a few weeks ago whose daughter I went to school with. She was telling me her daughter has the same fatique problem as you went through. I gave her the name of this site and told her to get her daughter to read your log to see if it helps her.
    You can imagine what a weirdo I felt like telling her to go to 'Mr Slows' thread :o. This is a woman who I'm sure never even uses the net so she looked a bit bewildered.

I met a woman a few weeks ago whose daughter I went to school with. She was telling me her daughter has the same fatique problem as you went through. I gave her the name of this site and told her to get her daughter to read your log to see if it helps her.
    You can imagine what a weirdo I felt like telling her to go to 'Mr Slows' thread :o. This is a woman who I'm sure never even uses the net so she looked a bit bewildered.

Tell her to check out 'Willows Clinic' failing that send me a pm if my number would help?

Tell her to check out 'Willows Clinic' failing that send me a pm if my number would help?

Thanks a lot Mr Slow, I run into this woman every few weeks so I'll say it to her when I see her and see what she thinks. I know she would appreciate it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Good to see the mileage building up, hang in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Aimman wrote: »
    Good to see the mileage building up, hang in there.

Interesting to compare logs ;)

marthastew - Monday, pilates followed by a dip in the 40 foot rounded off by a 14 run at 8 min/mile, the type of run the makes you love being alive. Tuesday - A 90 minute Bikram session followed by a body sculpture class, a dip in the 40 foot a mocha choca frappucino and a 10 mile easy run at 8:10 pace, I feel re-born:D

mrslow - Monday, I'm bollixed, ran 1 mile at 10:00 min/mile pace:( Tuesday, felt much better today, until I went running, 2 miles at 12 min/mile pace :( I've more toxins in me than a Russian h00ker.

Meno - Monday, hamstring, hip flexor and glutes definitely not right, ran up the side of a mountain, 10 miles at 8:08 pace, physio told me last Thursday that I shouldn't run for three weeks. Tuesday, ran to physio, glutes not right, hamstring tight, hip feeling awful. Physio said things seem to be improving since I stopped running. Ran home from physio, 10 miles at 7:57 pace, can hardly walk but managed a six pack of Meanies and a bottle of red :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Interesting to compare logs ;)

marthastew - Monday, pilates followed by a dip in the 40 foot rounded off by a 14 run at 8 min/mile, the type of run the makes you love being alive. Tuesday - A 90 minute Bikram session followed by a body sculpture class, a dip in the 40 foot a mocha choca frappucino and a 10 mile easy run at 8:10 pace, I feel re-born:D

mrslow - Monday, I'm bollixed, ran 1 mile at 10:00 min/mile pace:( Tuesday, felt much better today, until I went running, 2 miles at 12 min/mile pace :( I've more toxins in me than a Russian h00ker.

Meno - Monday, hamstring, hip flexor and glutes definitely not right, ran up the side of a mountain, 10 miles at 8:08 pace, physio told me last Thursday that I shouldn't run for three weeks. Tuesday, ran to physio, glutes not right, hamstring tight, hip feeling awful. Physio said things seem to be improving since I stopped running. Ran home from physio, 10 miles at 7:57 pace, can hardly walk but managed a six pack of Meanies and a bottle of red :D

Hey Digger you forgot to add your log for comparison...!!;)

Digger: Tuesday - Awoke with a dry mouth and sore head
    Up and out quickly and went into the park with CL to watch the Tom Brennan memorial 5k. Starbucks after that and the rest of the day was spent on the couch, just couldn't find the motivation to get out and do the 4 recovery miles. As a result I have a double up tomorrow.
    Wednesday - 8 Miles easy - 8@8:28 - Grade 6.5/10. This felt tougher than it should have been, guess that's down to Christmas food and drink.

anyone see the trend here...the males are struggling and the one & only female quoted is Superwoman!!! :)

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Meno - Tuesday, ran to physio, glutes not right, hamstring tight, hip feeling awful. Physio said things seem to be improving since I stopped running. Ran home from physio

:D Haha, brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

funny cos its true :)

• Advertisement

2.44 Miles average hr 161 average pace 9.01

It's getting better. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

2.44 Miles average hr 161 average pace 9.01

It's getting better. :)

Good stuff, hopefully this year will be better than last.

tang1 wrote: »
    Good stuff, hopefully this year will be better than last.
    It will. I have gazed into my crystal ball and I foresee great running by Mr Slow in 2013 :D

It will. I have gazed into my crystal ball and I foresee great running by Mr Slow in 2013 :D

Ah now look who's being nice to me, must check my pm's, ying and yang iykwim? ;-)

Ah now look who's being nice to me, must check my pm's, ying and yang iykwim? ;-)
    .....the stick and the carrot ;)

.....the stick and the carrot ;)

I could beat you with the stick, hmmm what to do with the carrot? :-P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

I could beat you with the stick, hmmm what to do with the carrot? :-P

Ye two are hanging out in the After Hours forum way to much...........

And they are dragging A/R forum down with them as a result! :mad:

blockic wrote: »
    A thousand apologies :p

• Advertisement

blockic wrote: »

You're a dirty minded lot! She has a carrot and a stick, country gal and all that.

Advertisement