Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr Slow: The Return

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Interesting to compare logs ;)

marthastew - Monday, pilates followed by a dip in the 40 foot rounded off by a 14 run at 8 min/mile, the type of run the makes you love being alive. Tuesday - A 90 minute Bikram session followed by a body sculpture class, a dip in the 40 foot a mocha choca frappucino and a 10 mile easy run at 8:10 pace, I feel re-born:D

mrslow - Monday, I'm bollixed, ran 1 mile at 10:00 min/mile pace:( Tuesday, felt much better today, until I went running, 2 miles at 12 min/mile pace :( I've more toxins in me than a Russian h00ker.

Meno - Monday, hamstring, hip flexor and glutes definitely not right, ran up the side of a mountain, 10 miles at 8:08 pace, physio told me last Thursday that I shouldn't run for three weeks. Tuesday, ran to physio, glutes not right, hamstring tight, hip feeling awful. Physio said things seem to be improving since I stopped running. Ran home from physio, 10 miles at 7:57 pace, can hardly walk but managed a six pack of Meanies and a bottle of red :D

:D

The Junior Stews are still off school and I haven't had a chance to catch up on here over the last few days.....
    In fact I have just enough time to let you know that I'm feeling amazingly refreshed after a 5 hour swim in the sea and a 4 hour hot chia seed yoga session followed by a life affirming 40 mile run

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Marthastew wrote: »
    :D

The Junior Stews are still off school and I haven't had a chance to catch up on here over the last few days.....
    In fact I have just enough time to let you know that I'm feeling amazingly refreshed after a 5 hour swim in the sea and a 4 hour hot chia seed yoga session followed by a life affirming 40 mile run

See you on the 19th?

4.38 Miles average hr 171 average pace 9:00

Ran with a mate, he has a sub 3:08 marathon so I did well to stay on 9 min pace. HR was high but it's a combination of the shock at getting up at stupid o'clock and lack of fitness. Overall my legs are much stronger, my breathing and hr just need to catch up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Mr Slow wrote: »

Ran with a mate, he has a sub 3:08 marathon so I did well to stay on 9 min pace. HR was high but it's a combination of the shock at getting up at stupid o'clock and lack of fitness. Overall my legs are much stronger, my breathing and hr just need to catch up.

Is that wise? :D (was he running circles around you - oh I'm cruel)

You're getting there. How many months to Berlin again!? :cool:

jcsmum wrote: »
    How many months to Berlin again!? :cool:

Wanna race?:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

See you on the 19th?

Looking forward to it:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

It wasn't Meno so :D;)

Itching to run.........:D

6.36 Miles average hr 173 average pace 8:20

This was close to 10k effort with respect to hr, crucial thing here is that I was able to push the whole way through, finishing sub 8 pace.

Beast Mode....ON!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

This was close to 10k effort with respect to hr, crucial thing here is that I was able to push the whole way through, finishing sub 8 pace.

Good stuff :D

• Advertisement

About time! :rolleyes::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

jcsmum wrote: »
    About time! :rolleyes::D

Should be a good smackdown between the 2 of you in Berlin :D

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Should be a good smackdown between the 2 of you in Berlin :D

What about you Pete?;)

What about you Pete?;)

What about me Sure the 2 of youse will probably we on your second beer by the time I finish :(

What about me Sure the 2 of youse will probably we on your second beer by the time I finish :(

Now now, keep that Achilles at bay and you'll do damage.

4.05 Miles average hr 164 average pace 9:13

Body was really in a WTF? Mood this morning, running at 8:30 has become an unnatural act.

4.05 Miles average hr 164 average pace 9:13

Body was really in a WTF? Mood this morning, running at 8:30 has become an unnatural act.

Where did day 17 appear from? Thinking of a race anytime soon to see where your at?

Where did day 17 appear from? Thinking of a race anytime soon to see where your at?

It follows 16 generally :P

I can see where I'm at from the hr, I have a route that's 10 undulating miles, I ran it at 8:15 pace in April last year, hr was 143, once I'm back in that area of fitness, I'll start looking at races.:)

3.78 Miles average hr 166 average pace 9:22

The above doesn't tell the story of last night's run, have been very tired this week, work/home demands are nuts at the minute. I jogged through this and finished fresh, would have done the same again but I was under pressure for time.

3.78 Miles average hr 166 average pace 9:22

The above doesn't tell the story of last night's run, have been very tired this week, work/home demands are nuts at the minute. I jogged through this and finished fresh, would have done the same again but I was under pressure for time.

Great stuff.....:)

• Advertisement

Coffee tomorrow?

Coffee tomorrow?

Should be cool, I was beginning to think you didn't love me anymore! :P

Should be cool, I was beginning to think you didn't love me anymore! :P

You obviously haven't been reading my tweets ;)

You obviously haven't been reading my tweets ;)

You had me at 'Coffee' :-P

6.1 Miles average hr 158 average pace 9.59

Wagon of a breeze on the way out for this run and not even a puff of wind to help me home, typical. Enjoyable run though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

You feeling stronger now after 19 days of being back at it? Sounds like there's a bit of joy returning anyways!

belcarra wrote: »
    You feeling stronger now after 19 days of being back at it? Sounds like there's a bit of joy returning anyways!

Yep, the strength is coming back, once I get up to 30+ miles per week, the fitness should follow quickly! The stronger I get the less the post exertion malaise.

4 Miles average hr 154 average pace 9:49

Cold, Wet and bleedin horrible out there, great isn't it?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭rasher_m

4 Miles average hr 154 average pace 9:49

Cold, Wet and bleedin horrible out there, great isn't it?:)

Never mind it being cold and wet out...tell us how your coffee date went! Was it wet and wild?

• Advertisement

rasher_m wrote: »
    Never mind it being cold and wet out...tell us how your coffee date went! Was it wet and wild?

A gentleman never tells.;)

Advertisement