Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr Slow: The Return

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Well i the best seat in the house Mr S, everyone had to walk pass my chair to go up the stairs.

Didn't see Ms Beckinsdale though. I heard she was in South's on Saturday night though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

chinguetti wrote: »
    Well i the best seat in the house Mr S, everyone had to walk pass my chair to go up the stairs.

Didn't see Ms Beckinsdale though. I heard she was in South's on Saturday night though.

There's was a serious quantity of flesh on display alright, between the height of the stairs and you slouching down in your chair you had a bird's eye view. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

belcarra wrote: »
    'Leather vampire outfit' is probably that dude/dudette's Sunday best!!

Ye are all just jealous.

5.53 Miles average hr 158 average pace 9:20 min miles

It felt hot out there, its a looped course so 2 miles into a cool breeze followed by dead heat for the rest. It felt tough until about halfway, then progressively easier much like the end of marathon training where you're just getting going on these short runs and then you're done. Legs felt alive and strong at the end, might add a mile or two at the weekend and see how it goes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Mr Slow wrote: »
    5.53 Miles average hr 158 average pace 9:20 min miles

It felt hot out there, its a looped course so 2 miles into a cool breeze followed by dead heat for the rest. It felt tough until about halfway, then progressively easier much like the end of marathon training where you're just getting going on these short runs and then you're done. Legs felt alive and strong at the end, might add a mile or two at the weekend and see how it goes...

Good stuff, just make sure to keep that HR down. The pace will come back.

• Advertisement

menoscemo wrote: »
    Good stuff, just make sure to keep that HR down. The pace will come back.

Cheers, recovery to resting hr is getting quicker each time, softly softly.:)

7.15 Miles average hr 157 average pace 9:38

Another nice undulating route in Co. Meath, the weather blew hot and cold throughout with a less than helpful breeze in parts. I'd like to see some movement with the hr in the right direction but I have to be happy that I covered 7 miles relatively comfortably when 4 weeks ago I struggled through 2.5. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

7.15 Miles average hr 157 average pace 9:38

Another nice undulating route in Co. Meath, the weather blew hot and cold throughout with a less than helpful breeze in parts. I'd like to see some movement with the hr in the right direction but I have to be happy that I covered 7 miles relatively comfortably when 4 weeks ago I struggled through 2.5. :)

Great stuff lad. Getting there.

5.65 Miles average hr 150 average pace 9:20

Well, there's some movement in the hr, down 8 beats on last Thursday's identical run. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Good stuff, really getting there :)

• Advertisement

I have a bleedin virus, no running. :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Perkina3

Sure mate take it one step at a time... You are getting the time to do it at your own pace and the benefits and improvement are there for everyone to see..you are doing good mate. Keep it up

3.08 Miles average hr 150 average pace 9:17 pace.

HR before the off is getting lower with each run thankfully, warmed up on this run quite quickly and I was sweating like a pregnant nun by the end of it. Glad I let the cold lift before heading out again, I don't want to do anything to delay progress at this stage.

4.05 Miles average hr 150 average pace 9:25

HR elevated for the last mile and pushed up the average, legs feel strong but my lungs feel like they're at half capacity, I've searched everywhere but apparently there's no magic pill, I just have to keep running. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Perkina3

Don't matter mate. You have the consistency and the motivation so you will end up ripping up the next marathon you do at the end of this recovery period. Getting some good mileage into your legs though. Hope youre keeping well mate

So after a brief throat infection we're back with regular programming.

Today's run went something like this.

2.41 Miles average hr 157 average pace 8:42

Felt like a boiled sh1te before this run but really enjoyed it once I got out there.

Jebus it was hot out there, felt like hard work from early on but enjoyed it all the same.

4.01 Miles average hr 162 average pace 9:07

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Jebus it was hot out there, felt like hard work from early on but enjoyed it all the same.

We better not complain. We get use to it soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

We better not complain. We get use to it soon.

8 Miles average hr 152 average pace 9:55

Chinguetti called over this morning and was introduced to the Co. Meath countryside in full bloom, 4 miles out to Leixlip and home along the canal. The hr was fine but breathing was laboured for the first few miles, once it settled we had a good chat and put the world back in order.

I'm going to push out the long run to 10 miles next week, I feel I could have easily gone on for another few today.

• Advertisement

5.68 Miles average hr 159 average pace 9:14

HR was a touch elevated this morning and after the run it took a while to return to rest so I'll take it easy over the next few days. My recovery is rubbish at the minute but it's coming good. Not too worried about today's hr against the pace given the heat, happy to have run just over 20 miles in the last 7 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Great work fella, really getting there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

8 Miles average hr 152 average pace 9:55

Chinguetti called over this morning and was introduced to the Co. Meath countryside in full bloom, 4 miles out to Leixlip and home along the canal. The hr was fine but breathing was laboured for the first few miles, once it settled we had a good chat and put the world back in order.

I'm going to push out the long run to 10 miles next week, I feel I could have easily gone on for another few today.

Where are you planning your long run next week?

shels4ever wrote: »
    Where are you planning your long run next week?

From my house (Clonsilla) out through Clonee, on towards Dunshaughlin and back in around through Dunboyne and home for just over 10 miles. PM if you want to link up.:)

1.77 Miles with my little fella on his new bike @ 129hr followed by

5.66 Miles average hr 149 average pace 9.33

Half of this run was in the shade but I could still feel the effects of the heat, happy out with how I felt on the run and I would expect that when the temperature drops again (it's Ireland after all) that there will be a marked improvement overall.

I haven't felt this good in a long time. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

From my house (Clonsilla) out through Clonee, on towards Dunshaughlin and back in around through Dunboyne and home for just over 10 miles. PM if you want to link up.:)

Will let you know prob wont be going as far as 10 miles myself this weekend will see how things are tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

About bloomin' time. :rolleyes: Double digits - I like it! :)

4.54 Miles average hr 152 average pace 9:13

Grand run in the heat with a long nose bleed about a mile from home on the Royal Canal, sat there covered in blood trying to get it to stop while people walked past and not a single one asked if I was ok, I was shocked, I thought people especially in that environment would come up trumps, not that I was looking for anything but it's just my observation. Back to the nosebleed and when it finally stopped I had to choose between running home destroyed and scaring the bejaysus out of the clan or trying to wash it off with......canal water:eek: the rancid wash was in vain as I still turned up looking like I had been attacked :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

4.54 Miles average hr 152 average pace 9:13

Grand run in the heat with a long nose bleed about a mile from home on the Royal Canal, sat there covered in blood trying to get it to stop while people walked past and not a single one asked if I was ok, I was shocked, I thought people especially in that environment would come up trumps, not that I was looking for anything but it's just my observation. Back to the nosebleed and when it finally stopped I had to choose between running home destroyed and scaring the bejaysus out of the clan or trying to wash it off with......canal water:eek: the rancid wash was in vain as I still turned up looking like I had been attacked :rolleyes:
    That's why people didn't stop ..... probably thought you were a druggie

• Advertisement

That's why people didn't stop ..... probably thought you were a druggie

Firstly, I don't look like a junkie but thanks for that:mad:, secondly, I was wearing a Cork marathon tshirt, shorts and runners and thirdly I was running on the country side of the canal, where you don't get junkies.

Advertisement