Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr Slow: The Return

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

9.65 Miles average hr 155 average pace 10:13

Met up with Chinguetti as planned today, we managed to get in most of the midday sun:eek:, by the time we got back to base I wasn't pushed about making up the balance for 10 miles. Really enjoyed the run and the company and delighted with 27.3 miles for the week.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Mr Slow wrote: »
    Firstly, I don't look like a junkie but thanks for that:mad:, secondly, I was wearing a Cork marathon tshirt, shorts and runners and thirdly I was running on the country side of the canal, where you don't get junkies.

case closed :cool::D

2.4 miles really easy average hr 135 average pace 9:49

There's a shift in the hr, hope it sticks :-)

I meant to add that I had another assessment last week, I started off on a scale registering a 6, that translates to being about 55% - 60% of being well, last week's result was a 9 :D

I stole this from CM's log

Common Warning Signs and Symptoms of Overtraining Syndrome

• Washed-out feeling, tired, drained, lack of energy - No
    • Mild leg soreness, general aches and pains - No
    • Pain in muscles and joints -No
    • Sudden drop in performance - performance improving
    • Insomnia - No
    • Headaches - No
    • Decreased immunity (increased number of colds, and sore throats) - No
    • Decrease in training capacity / intensity - Nope, increased x 100%
    • Moodiness and irritability - No
    • Depression - No
    • Loss of enthusiasm for the sport - Never
    • Decreased appetite - No
    • Increased incidence of injuries.- No
    • A compulsive need to exercise No, but I'm getting there!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

You be surprised how many people will over train during the next 6 months. Hope i avoid it.

• Advertisement

Hope i avoid it.

Don't hope - DO! ;)

5.68 Miles average hr 147 average pace 9:14

Ah, that's better!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Perkina3

Fair play. Haven't managed a run that long in a while myself...Most of mine is focused on the shorter distances!

Perkina3 wrote: »
    Fair play. Haven't managed a run that long in a while myself...Most of mine is focused on the shorter distances!

Any races planned?

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Perkina3

Not at the minute mate..... Depends on a couple of things coming down my way in the next few months...I will look at a few races at the start of the next season in Sept/Oct....Short distance though...See how I am progressing.... I am getting a weights programme done up am hopeful to train twice a day by end of June

• Advertisement

2.4 miles average hr 156 average pace 8.47

After another layoff with fluey symptoms we're off again, 3 days consecutive running after a week's jump in mileage was too much, it's 2 steps forward and one back at the moment. I'm having to come to terms with the idea that Berlin is not going to happen, I had hoped to jog around and enjoy it but I have no interest in fighting for a sub 4, I'll give it three weeks and if I haven't made enough ground (while remaining healthy) I'll pull out.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

I'll give it three weeks and if I haven't made enough ground (while remaining healthy) I'll pull out.:(

Tough but sensible Mr. Slow. In a couple of week's you'll have to start upping the mileage and if you're not feeling it, it would be the right call.

Here's hoping the next three weeks bring good progress and that you'll be able to get some mileage built up and get to the start line. :)

blockic wrote: »
    Tough but sensible Mr. Slow. In a couple of week's you'll have to start upping the mileage and if you're not feeling it, it would be the right call.

Here's hoping the next three weeks bring good progress and that you'll be able to get some mileage built up and get to the start line. :)

Thanks Dude, I've pulled out of more races and pacing gigs over the last year than races I've run the previous year so I'm used to it, I have to just decide, execute, build a bridge and get over it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Thanks Dude, I've pulled out of more races and pacing gigs over the last year than races I've run the previous year so I'm used to it, I have to just decide, execute, build a bridge and get over it :)

If you have to miss this one to make sure you have a full year of racing and training next year, it will be worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

If you do decide to pull out and are still travelling over make sure to collect your number. Outside the EXPO there is a queue of people looking to buy numbers. It's like people trying to tout tickets before an All ireland final. You might make someone's day and if you are lucky enough to give it to the right person, you might even get yourself a BQ :pac::P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Here's hoping for a good 3 weeks ;) Much as I dislike this update there are more important things than Marathons at the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Hope that the next couple of weeks go ok, but there will be other Berlin marathons and you might be able to defer.

menoscemo wrote: »
    If you do decide to pull out and are still travelling over make sure to collect your number. Outside the EXPO there is a queue of people looking to buy numbers. It's like people trying to tout tickets before an All ireland final. You might make someone's day and if you are lucky enough to give it to the right person, you might even get yourself a BQ :pac::P

It would be a waste of money to travel over to watch, what's a BQ?:confused:
    pistol_75 wrote: »
    Here's hoping for a good 3 weeks ;) Much as I dislike this update there are more important things than Marathons at the end of the day.

Thanks P.:)
    chinguetti wrote: »
    Hope that the next couple of weeks go ok, but there will be other Berlin marathons and you might be able to defer.

I'll look into deferring alright, that'd be me in credit for 2 marathons next year though! ;)

Sorry to hear Berlin is a doubt, buy your health is more important. Take your time in getting back to fitness and maybe be work to a longer target in December, like Waterford half or a 10k?

Sorry to hear Berlin is a doubt, buy your health is more important. Take your time in getting back to fitness and maybe be work to a longer target in December, like Waterford half or a 10k?

I think I'd work towards that sub 20 monkey and aim for the Tom Brennan on New Year's Day, start the year off well.......hopefully :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

It would be a waste of money to travel over to watch, what's a BQ?:confused:

Boston qualifier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

I think I'd work towards that sub 20 monkey and aim for the Tom Brennan on New Year's Day, start the year off well.......hopefully :)

Belcarra could pace you.... Oh wait, you said sub 20 :D;)

digger2d2 wrote: »

He'll be snapping at your heels soon enough ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

digger2d2 wrote: »

You're a marked man now for sure Digger!
    Once my legal wrangling with Precision Timing gets sorted out in the High court I'll be turning my attentions to dealing with you!:)

And by the way the time it took me to retort bears no relationship to my speed...or maybe it does.

Thats my one regret this year so far, i know i would be close to getting it, missed Enfield and that was the spot for it.

Next year sub 40 and sub 20!!

belcarra wrote: »
    You're a marked man now for sure Digger!
    Once my legal wrangling with Precision Timing gets sorted out in the High court I'll be turning my attentions to dealing with you!:)

Say's the man who told precision timing that he ran 20:01; then later tried to clain he ran sub 20. You do realise if you had just told them you ran 19:59......:rolleyes:

Thats my one regret this year so far, i know i would be close to getting it, missed Enfield and that was the spot for it.

Next year sub 40 and sub 20!!

There's still Rathfarnham 5k....the only course In know that is as fast as Enfield...

Say's the man who told precision timing that he ran 20:01; then later tried to clain he ran sub 20. You do realise if you had just told them you ran 19:59......:rolleyes:

I didn't think I was under oath at the time...anyways, enough hijacking of Mr. Slow's log, lets get back to his running...oh yeah, I forgot!;)

• Advertisement

There's still Rathfarnham 5k....the only course In know that is as fast as Enfield...

When is that?

Advertisement