Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr Slow: The Return

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Happy belated birthday old man... hope the kitchen didn't go up in flames with all the fire last night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

claralara wrote: »
    Happy belated birthday old man... hope the kitchen didn't go up in flames with all the fire last night :D

Thanks, and the what now?

I was referring to the 63 candles on your cake - it can be dangerous when you start hitting those numbers! Don't go letting you imagination run riot on you! :)

I was referring to the 63 candles on your cake - it can be dangerous when you start hitting those numbers! Don't go letting you imagination run riot on you! :)

Go and have a sh1te for yourself, I'm a mere child :cool:

10.84 miles in 1:47:39 , a nice slow one in moderately crappy conditions. Was very disappointed to see Claralara handle her 18 miles+ so well, I was hoping for ammunition to slag her with but the wagon pulled off an impressive run just to spite me.:D

• Advertisement

mrslow wrote: »

Why? What do you expect this would achieve? And should I have said sh1te before, during or after the marathon?! ;)
    10.84 miles in 1:47:39 , a nice slow one in moderately crappy conditions. Was very disappointed to see Claralara handle her 18 miles+ so well, I was hoping for ammunition to slag her with but the wagon pulled off an impressive run just to spite me.:D

Woop woop!! Thanks for the support and motivation today old man. Don't worry, I'm sure I'll walk myself into some good material for you in the near future for you. Although if you're as good as you think you are, you shouldn't need my help to source your ammunition! :)

Although if you're as good as you think you are, you shouldn't need my help to source your ammunition! :)

Most recently it came from the sky, and landed on your face :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Jebas...I have a funny feeling I'll be sitting between you two on the train to Mallow..............

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I'm now back at 96%. :(

I'm now back at 96%. :(

Tell the truth! You're booked already aren't you?

• Advertisement

Haha, afraid not. That would be the old RacoonQueen, I've changed ;)

Haha, afraid not. That would be the old RacoonQueen, I've changed ;)

Building the suspense eh?, Ah sure you'll show up one of these days and I'll know you weren't just a figment of my glycogen depleted post marathon imagination.:P

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Jebas...I have a funny feeling I'll be sitting between you two on the train to Mallow..............

You won't fit. You haven't seen that lardar5e in running tights yet... He doesn't even take time out from eating to run anymore - wouldn't be surprised if he found a belt with a big mac pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Perkina3

Booooo! :P

S'craic lad! :P

You won't fit. You haven't seen that lardar5e in running tights yet... He doesn't even take time out from eating to run anymore - wouldn't be surprised if he found a belt with a big mac pocket.

Speak for yourself saddlebags, I'm not the one with the large Big Mac meal and 3 happy meals on the side.:cool:

What's rule no.1? Don't go out too fast, what did I do? Just that.

Raced out the door,didn't warm up properly,after 1.1 miles decided to try and push myself, the idea was to run 5 miles at 7:20

Ran 2.75 miles @ avge pace 7:25, my stomach muscles got tighter and tighter until I had to stop and trot the 1.6 miles home in great discomfort @ 9 min mile pace :(

Lesson learned......again!

I'm starting to think I'm dreaming if I think I'll get near 75 mins in Mallow, watch this space.

I wouldn't worry too much about training times. You're good for 75 minutes IMO. I ran just over 76 for 9.8 miles in Cork in June without doing anything/much under 8 minutes in training in the weeks/probably months leading up to it

You'll smash 75.

Dude,

You will be fine... remember on race day you gotta knock a couple minutes off your training time purely cuz of the day thats in it.....

Went out hard for a run last night....reckon I was doing a km in bout 4 minutes or 4.10.....was happy enough with that :)

I wouldn't worry too much about training times. You're good for 75 minutes IMO. I ran just over 76 for 9.8 miles in Cork in June without doing anything/much under 8 minutes in training in the weeks/probably months leading up to it

You'll smash 75.

Thanks Missus, what are you planning to run Mallow in?

Lessons all round this week! Remains to be seen whether said lessons will impact on future behaviour however...:rolleyes:

You better hit 75 in Mallow - I'm not listening to you complain about how much of a failure on a rammed train home from Cork. I listen to that enough!

Plus you all need to be at the finish line cheering and waiting to feed, water and stretcher me away! You should even have time for a shower and a swifty before coming back to collect me. :D

• Advertisement

Yeah I second Clara...wouldn't want to be on that train either :P...

Though if you don't I will come looking for ya Mr. Slow:cool:

*Just some friendly advice from your DCM'10 buddy*:D:D:D

You better hit 75 in Mallow - I'm not listening to you complain about how much of a failure on a rammed train home from Cork. I listen to that enough!

No pressure then?
    Plus you all need to be at the finish line cheering and waiting to feed, water and stretcher me away! You should even have time for a shower and a swifty before coming back to collect me. :D

D'ya think? We'll pick a pub before the race and that's where you'll find us! You're a big girl:D, you'll manage!

Think I'm suffering from overtraining/physical meltdown, can't shake this washed out feeling so I'm gonna take the weekend and try rest up a bit with 2 lunatic children working against me and get back into it on Monday in earnest.

Think I'm suffering from overtraining/physical meltdown, can't shake this washed out feeling so I'm gonna take the weekend and try rest up a bit with 2 lunatic children working against me and get back into it on Monday in earnest.

Good idear batman! You need to fighting fit for the biggie next weekend!! :D

Good idear batman! You need to fighting fit for the biggie next weekend!! :D

I'm only running 3 or 4 of that:rolleyes:

I'm only running 3 or 4 of that:rolleyes:

Ah it's funny that you think this is negotiable. Bless.

Ah it's funny that you think this is negotiable. Bless.

You're under the impression I'm running how far?

Just went with how I felt and cruised through this run. 6.2 miles in 47:39

Splits:
    00:08:17
    00:08:03
    00:07:46
    00:07:31
    00:07:27
    00:07:01
    00:01:27

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Look at you getting all flashy with your Garmin stats....;)

• Advertisement

Just went with how I felt and cruised through this run. 6.2 miles in 47:39

And now we know where you live....brave man. :D

Advertisement