Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor - Scammers or not......

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

Am I the only person that thinks this thread is going nowhere and should be locked?!

The OP started a discussion about Meteor being "scammers" because they wouldn't unlock her phone roughly 1 month into the contract. OP then travels half way around the world, runs up a bill of €800 due to roaming, doesn't pay her bill on time (even though she signed a contract saying she would) then gets cut off for non payment.

Ah come on now!?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

techguy wrote: »

The OP started a discussion about Meteor being "scammers"

In this case OP is wrong, but there's way to many people coming on with crazy bills.
    Meteor need to cop on to themselves and put a credit limit in place for customers.
    Consumer issues and this form are full of these problems especially with meteor.

We had someone recently in this forum with a €15,000 euro bill and another with a €4,500 bill.

Maybe their not scammers but they sure are riding people.

edit; here we go again http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056100442 this is now a nearly daily occurrence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

In this case OP is wrong, but there's way to many people coming on with crazy bills.
    Meteor need to cop on to themselves and put a credit limit in place for customers.
    Consumer issues and this form are full of these problems especially with meteor.

We had someone recently in this forum with a €15,000 euro bill and another with a €4,500 bill.

Maybe their not scammers but they sure are riding people.

edit; here we go again http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056100442 this is now a nearly daily occurrence.

in fairness no company that wants to make money is gonna put a cap on, thats like you going to macdonalds asking for a plain burger getting a standard one and then going up to buy another plain one there not gonna stop you and say well no dont pay us that money

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

caspa307 wrote: »
    in fairness no company that wants to make money is gonna put a cap on

Every company i've ever dealt with has credit limits, there's a point at where risk of default becomes serious.
    If meteor is extending people €15,000 + euro credit limits there is a serious financial risk to consumers.
    They should be informed that they have no limit. Banks have to I don't see why telcos should be any different.
    I'd bet most people would struggle to get a credit card with a similar limit.

It's nearly a matter for the financial regulator and not comreg.

Scam? I think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Did you not read the whole thread? The data bill on the first link you provided was capped. From Nov 29th also, internet usage is 69c per day for 50mb, and 2c per MB over that for all Bill Pay customers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement