Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Ps3 style xbox controller

• 24-11-2010 1:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭

Is there one??if not is there anything similar??I just hate the xbox controller and don't even want to try and get used to it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

No nothing like the PS3 controller for the 360. Personally, I could never use a dualshock again, the 360's pad is just perfect for any kind of game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Is there one??if not is there anything similar??I just hate the xbox controller and don't even want to try and get used to it.

Oddly enough they are hard to find. But there are a ton of aftermarket 360 style controllers for the PS3, says alot really.

Personally for me when I moved from the PS2 to the Xbox 1, my hands fell in love with Xbox controller, the PS pad is a form of torture in comparasion unless you have small hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Suppose it's personal preference really,it's the analogue sticks that's the problem for me,they are so small and I'm just used to them being aligned horizontally,I'll give it another few days and see how it goes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Try...your hands will thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 978 ✭✭✭AceCard Jones

In my experience, when I got my 360 after being used to only the PS3 pad it only took a few days for me to get used to it. Now I marginally prefer the 360 pad. The slightly stiffer analogue sticks feel perfect now. And I actually dislike the close proximity analogue sticks on the PlayStation pads.

I can play on both and like both but when I compare the two myself the 360 pad grew on me just ever so slightly more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

There is a controller for the xbox that uses the playstation controller but because their custom made and it takes 4 controllers(2 xbox and 2 playstation) to make 1 Pxbox360 controller. They cost about $325.

But after that review he said it was a crap controller and not worth the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I hate the 360 controller :( from playing guitar it messes up my pinky finger on my fretting hand with the triggers....

I spend all my time getting independancy for my pinky finger from playing guitar and it doesn't help the scenario at all! ...only way around it not to play for too long and get 260 claw hand

and to answer the Q, dont think so :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

-=al=- wrote: »
    I hate the 360 controller :( from playing guitar it messes up my pinky finger on my fretting hand with the triggers....

I spend all my time getting independancy for my pinky finger from playing guitar and it doesn't help the scenario at all! ...only way around it not to play for too long and get 260 claw hand

and to answer the Q, dont think so :(
    same here,little finger fretting hand felt like it was going into a cramp last night, just can't get it to a comfortable position at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

same here,little finger fretting hand felt like it was going into a cramp last night, just can't get it to a comfortable position at all
    you cant get it to a comfortable position? and they say size doesnt matter lol

SORRY:o

ON A SERIOUS NOTE STICK WITH THE CONTROLLER ITS QUALITY TRUST ME....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Ps3 controllers are made for tiny asian hands....pointed out to a girl I know when she complained about xbox controllers size.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

The PS controller is pretty good but lets face it. It's remained uchanged for coming up for 16 years now. Is this because mankind has peaked in ergonomics?

No not really. With PSone and then Dual shock it was defo a really good controller. PS2 took it to a new level and there was really no need to change the controller. By the time PS2 had peaked and the whole Sony thing was in it's 'Golden age' the controller had become an icon. An instantly recognisable logo for the PS brand. When PS3 was being developed there was talk of updating the controller for the next gen. Some pics where leaked and there was a general sense of shock from the Sony community. In fear they retained the now 16 year old shape which is as much as an icon for Sony as the tick is for Nike. I wonder if Sony are really that pleased at this as time goes by.

Yes there are almost no complaints but the hand gets very used to the same thing, acclimatised and just into a routine (basically it knows no better.) When a new controller comes along it will instantly feel weird. I had the same issue with the cube.

MS have evolved their controllers by contrast and on the whole have done a sterling job. The analouge positions are spot on and I think if MS were to change their controllers again it wouldn't be a huge issue. By contrast I think Sony have backed themselves into a corner. Luckily it's a very confortable leather bound corner with coffe and arest area, but it's still a corner.

In short it can take time to adjust if you have never used another type of controller but the 360 con is a very confortable and verstaile piece of kit especially for the FPS.

you cant get it to a comfortable position? and they say size doesnt matter lol

SORRY:o

ON A SERIOUS NOTE STICK WITH THE CONTROLLER ITS QUALITY TRUST ME....

It's not that its not comfortable its just the placement of the buttons and the way you have to use it...

If your index is on the RB/LB buttons the middle is on the RT/LT buttons so that leaves the ring and pinky pretty much stuck doing the same thing, which is not good if your practicing trying to get them doing different things for the last 10 years!

im left handed on guitar, which means my right hand is my fretting hand.... so since the right side of the pad is used more for the main stuff its just worse for me

I explained a completely ridiculous thing, but it ruins my pinky independance is all im saying!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

i play guitar as well and i cant say that the xbox controller design has ever had a detrimental effect on my playing and using my little finger.

although i don't really bother with the fiddly bits that much anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

why not use your index finger on the triggers and when you need the bumpers just use the same fingers? i think thats what most people do it? 2 fingers for the four buttons not a finger for each?
    wel anyone i seen playing does this

ah yea i do that prob most of the time holding it ^^^ but its just shoving the ring and pinky together bothers my hand it seems... takes that bit longer of playing/practice to get it back to normal, weird small ridiculous issue, that prob only happens to a small number of people, but well now we know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Lantus wrote: »
    ....When PS3 was being developed there was talk of updating the controller for the next gen. Some pics where leaked and there was a general sense of shock from the Sony community. In fear they retained the now 16 year old shape which is as much as an icon for Sony as the tick is for Nike....

I would like to see these 'leaked' shocking pics if you can link them please?

-=al=- wrote: »
    ...its just shoving the ring and pinky together bothers my hand it seems...

Cut the little feckers off - problem solved!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

I would like to see these 'leaked' shocking pics if you can link them please?

I believe this is it.

playstation-3-faq-20050726051853283.jpg

Known as the banana controller. It looks stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

OP, you could always use something like this. Note: this converts PS2 controller, which is basically the same.

and if you handy with solder iron you can do similar mod to mine

I couldn't stand PS controller, it was fine when I was 15yo, but twice as old I just can't play using this tiny, kiddie controller. That motivated me to my mod ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

rizzla wrote: »
    I believe this is it.

I think the worst thing about this controller is that when you really get angry with the game or the console (ie it gets YLOD) and you throw the controller out the window it will hit you back in the face

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,783 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If anyone was old enough to remember the PS1 pad was ridiculed for being a terrible controller as was the dual shock 2 especially compared to the saturns controller which is probably the best controller ever made and before that the SNES and Megadrive 6 button controllers. We've just all become used to the PS controller from years of conditioning. I much prefer the 360 controller but I do find that I get numb fingers sometimes from extended play sessions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

I believe this is it.

LOL I never knew that was a leaked version of a new controller from Sony, I always thought it was just some fan made controller idea thing. Its too curvy at the shoulders me thinks :rolleyes:

Interesting...

I'm not mad on the PS controller myself anyway. I always liked the Gamecube (Wavebird)controller and I feel that the Xbox 360 controller feels kinda the same.

My advice to the OP is to stick with the xbox pad, you'll get used to it really fast.

I believe this is it.

THe idea is, that when you get frustrated and throw your joypad away... it comes right back! Forward thinking right there from Sony.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

theres no way that banana controller would be comfortable.....

too curved and button layout looks stupid look at dpad its kinda off looking are u sure this is a sony designed controller?

also it looks stupid just imagine mates come over beers out turning on fifa then u hand them all controllers that look like sex toys lol they would beat the **** outa ya for it!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

too curved and button layout looks stupid look at dpad its kinda off looking are u sure this is a sony designed controller?

Positive,

Here's the PR regarding the unveil with some PR photos.

http://www.1up.com/news/playstation-3-revealed

Advertisement