Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enterprise Allowance

Options
  • 24-11-2010 2:09pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hey,

I am on the start your own business scheme and so on the enterprise allowance. I heard along the way that a person on the allowance may be able to work for someone as a paye employee up to a limit and still claim the enterprise allowance. I understand the idea of this is for when the start of the business is slow.

Does anyone have any details on this or even if it is the case?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

I asked about this, and was told that the day you start working as an employee, your EA is being revoked.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 104 ✭✭spindizzy

was talking to someone in carrick on shannon and she said it is fine, assuming that you are still working at your own business "full time" at as much as possible. i.e. if there is no work at your business you may seek employment somewhere else. I think its a case of don't take the piss, your on enterprise allowance, ya need to be pushing your own enterprise...

http://www.welfare.ie/EN/OperationalGuidelines/Pages/btw_eall.aspx
    2.8 Nature of Employment:

Seasonal, temporary or part time work is not acceptable for the Back to Work Enterprise Allowance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 104 ✭✭spindizzy

I see that alright but i read that to say - you can't claim this if you are in "seasonal, part time etc work". Doesn't necessarily mean that you can't take up work to supplement your income as long as your main full time work is your start up business...

One of the questions on the forms filled out to get the ea asks how will you supplement income if business is slow and one of the options is part time job.

I rang these and they said I could take up extra job but again as long as you are still full time at your business

Back to Work Allowance Section
    Department of Social Protection
    Employment Support Services
    Shannon Lodge
    Carrick-on-Shannon
    Co Leitrim

Telephone Number: (071) 9672698

I will be talking to this crowd again probably Friday, so will definitely ask this

• Advertisement
Advertisement