Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Four-year plan document

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Flex wrote: »
    Great reaction to the 4 year plans announcement so far, interest rates over 9.2%...

Glad to see corporation tax remained untouched, but I dont think the VAT changes will do good.

Reducing new PS entrants pay by 10% was what I was expecting; a two tier system of pay for post-Celtic Tiger. Also allows for sooner savings if more people on the Celtic Tiger rates of pay are incentivised to leave and be replaced with people on new post-Celtic Tiger rates of pay.

I have very little confidence in the plan though, unfortunately...

The PS premium was 8% in 2003, became 23% in 2006 and 26% in 2009 (ESRI report). It outstripped its counterparts by a significant amount.

Have you a link to the live market interest rates?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Posting this link which was in other threads
    article by Mark Weisbrot: Debatable stuff, but some interesting bits

http://mrzine.monthlyreview.org/2010/weisbrot191110.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,595 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Unions need to stand up and take the pain with the rest of us.

Union sub tax relief abolished next year so I doubt they'll be impressed....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,595 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

The two biggies I see from this:
    1. Pension relief down to 20% by 2014 (bad move IMHO but hey...)
    2. Patent tax relief gone - may be of major interest to many int'l companies here.

This post has been deleted.

The flat tax is only an interim measure (from 2012) until they introduce the final tax in 2013 after valuations have been completed - average round €200.

Advertisement