Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAO: People familiar with Dublin

Options
  • 24-11-2010 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Well lads, starting a new job in Dublin in December and need to suss out accommodation.

The job itself is located on Sir John Rogerson's Quay so wherever my humble abode would be it would ideally be near a luas line / public transport etc.

I know daft.ie is probably the best bet but I just need a few hints / tips on where in Dublin would be relativelt inexpensive to live! Im bricking it about moving up so all help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

irishtown, ballsbridge, ranelagh are just some of the places within approx 20min walking distance of St John Rodgerson Quay.

theres apartments near the quay - which were on sale not too long ago ....ask alison bray !! you could be a neighbour of hers !!!

(near grand canal dock apartments would be minutes walk to work)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Odds_Bodkins

You are a star, thanks very much! You'll probably recognise me when I move up. Ill be the bare-footed person chewing the long piece of straw, getting duped by the 'wallet-inspector' ! Cheers thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

PCPhoto wrote: »
    irishtown, ballsbridge, ranelagh are just some of the places within approx 20min walking distance of St John Rodgerson Quay.

theres apartments near the quay - which were on sale not too long ago ....ask alison bray !! you could be a neighbour of hers !!!

(near grand canal dock apartments would be minutes walk to work)

Alison who?

O' Riordan perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Michael B

Plenty of culchies around Odd Bodkins, you'll fit in fine ;) I work on Sir John Rogersons Quay. IFSC apartments are nice and would be handy for you location wise. Butlers Court apartments are on Sir John Rogersons Quay, a colleague of mine lives in one of them and the lucky fecker is only a minutes walk from work.

Best of luck with the move. Coppers will welcome you with open arms don't worry! ;)

Advertisement