Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Matt Cardle Appreciation Thread

Options
  • 24-11-2010 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭

Jumping on the bandwagon here!!

I think Matt is an amazing singer!! and he can pull of a wife beater :p

cmon show your appreciation!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

You have to actually appropriately like someone to have a thread about them

And this little **** right here doesn't deserve a single moment's notice after his appalling behaviour throughout this competition

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Don't like him at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Have to agree with Johner thought he wasn't great on sat. He also comes across as being very arrogant in interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,258 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

His attitude towards Wagner makes him look petty and an arrogant tool

I liked him at the beginning but now even his performances are boring and the same every week and even if Dannii puts him on stage next week in nude (ok I wouldnt mind seeing that :p) he is still no where near as good as everyone thinks and makes him out to be

I cant wait to see look on his face when he is eliminated and Wagner stays in it would be priceless :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Aye sod Matt Cardle, complete tool, viva Wagner!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 MisterMom

I'm not a Matt fan either, don't know what all the fuss is about with that fella.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 wireyj

I think matt is great. I actually think he can sing. I just assumed everyone liked him and not Wagner for some reason! Ooopsie i was wrong obviously... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

If you don't like Matt don't bother posting in the APPRECIATION THREAD, mmm k thanks!

title is pretty clear!

wireyj wrote: »
    I think matt is great. I actually think he can sing. I just assumed everyone liked him and not Wagner for some reason! Ooopsie i was wrong obviously... :(

No this really is thread for Matt fans it is just some Wagner "diehard" fans :p dont like Matt's treatment of him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Oi, Wagner fans, stop trolling this appreciation thread and start up your own one. That can be where you bitch about Cardle and leave this one just to his fans. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

Misticles wrote: »
    and he can pull of a wife beater :p
    :eek:
    Were we watching the same show? :confused:

Misticles wrote: »
    If you don't like Matt don't bother posting in the APPRECIATION THREAD, mmm k thanks!

It'll just be yourself then, Matt is a prat
    LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Oi, Wagner fans, stop trolling this appreciation thread and start up your own one. That can be where you bitch about Cardle and leave this one just to his fans. ;)

This isn't trolling, we have our own thread...this has nothing to do with Wagner. Matt is a prat. End of.

This isn't trolling, we have our own thread...this has nothing to do with Wagner. Matt is a prat. End of.

Do you not understand the concept of an appreciation thread? It's for people who are fans of him only, the whole point of one is that it's meant to be a haven for people away from the haters like yourself. ;) I don't like Wagner, but I'm not gonna say that in his appreciation thread because it's not good form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I don't really watch it - but I think he's very good. He can actually sing. What don't people like him? I haven't been following it much.

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    ;) I don't like Wagner, but I'm not gonna say that in his appreciation thread because it's not good form.

This has nothing to do with Wagner

But I'll leave it be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Flash92

Best singer on the show, hope he wins.

Matt Cardle has said that he wants to write his own material rather than do covers after The X Factor.

The ex-painter and decorator is on a "collision course" with Simon Cowell, according to The Mirror, because the SyCo boss is already arranging a potential winner's single for the 27-year-old.

"I want as much control over my career and debut album as possible," said Cardle last week. "I wouldn't do covers as I want to write my own stuff. We'd come to some agreement I'm sure."

However, a show source warned that Dannii Minogue's act may end up in trouble if he doesn't step in line.

"Simon respects Matt as an artist and he doesn't want to stifle his creative side, but that certainly doesn't mean he is going to give him free rein to release whatever song he wants," said the insider.

"When it comes down to it, all Simon cares about is selling as many singles as possible and getting the Christmas No.1. If that means making Matt sing a cover, then that's what's going to happen... If he wants to truly be a success he will have to learn that Simon's the boss and what he says goes."

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Wonkagirl

what is this 'arrogant' behaviour towards wagner that you speak of?

anyway, i love matt. let me count the ways.. my obsession is actually a bit worrying, to be honest, for a 33yr woman. but hey, whatever. i'm sure it'll pass. love the single too.

• Advertisement

I haven't bought a record in yonks but I'll buy this guy's song, and his eventual album, he deserves to do well. What a voice. I really hope he and SyCo work together to produce some fantastic songs.

Release Date: 17 October 2011

"Letters" is the eagerly anticipated debut album by soulful singer Matt Cardle, 2010's X Factor Winner. The album has been long awaited since he captured the hearts of the judges and the audience at home, winning the grand prize of a record deal. This record also features the brand new single "Run For Your Life", given and written by the iconic Take That member Gary Barlow

Advertisement