Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keyring Equipment

Options
  • 24-11-2010 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Hi there.
    I am looking to get a printer for printing the keyrings and all teh supplies in all that... Can anyone recommend where i get all this from or any experiences they have??
    I have a digital SLR and studio lighting, but Im doing keyring photos for charity and want to get the printer and the keyrings etc... like what you see in nighclubs (only a bit more profession). So equipement needs to be portable.

Can anyone help???
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jamesdublin12

Do you know where I get the stuff for cutting the paper up. they look a bit unrealiable to be honest.
    Think business venture. - think them sheets will be expensive to reknew.. and god knows where to get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

When I did keyrings I printed on my normal printer, I just used a rotary cutter to cut. So say you get an a4 good photo inkjet then set up a template sheet where you can put your picture in to be printed. This can be done through photoshop or indesign. Indesign would allow you to just drag from bridge into the placeholder on your template. A good eye and a good rotary cutter makes cutting easy.

As for the keyrings, is it a once off where you can buy keyrings through ebay cheap enough or will you be looking for regular supplies? Do you know what size keyring to go for? You dont want them to be so big people wont want them or so expensive you will make a loss. I used to use just plain plastick 39mm x 32mm if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

if they images are passport sized you can buy a passport photo cutter

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

True as Steve says, also if you go on ebay many keyring suppliers will list photocutters too, like a punch on a handle, dont know how good they are though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Geniegino

Do you need a software package for printing

Advertisement