Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pizza dough recipe

Options
  • 24-11-2010 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi,

Thinking about making pizza tonight the receipe i used the last time was:
    6oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
    2oz Margarine
    Salt & Pepper
    6 tablespoons Milk

The thing is dont have any milk and was wondering could you use water instead of milk? Or has anyone anyother pizza dough recipe?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

You dont need milk.
    I use flour, water, yeast, olive oil and salt.

edit: here you go

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

I use rachel allens recipe, and ave to admit its the best recipe ive tried so far!!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Angelandie

This is the recipe i use, its not quite Dominio's pizza but I get a lot of compliments whenever I make it
    CRUST:

2 c. flour
    1 tsp. salt
    2 tsp. baking powder
    2/3 c. water
    1/4 c. vegetable oil

Mix flour, salt, baking powder and water. Knead on floured counter just until workable and spreadable, about 2 minutes. Put on pizza pan, with fingers spread vegetable oil on crust (helps so tomato sauce won't soak in crust) then put tomato sauce on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

I use the Jamie Oliver recipe and it not to shabby at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭terlywerly

I use rachel allens recipe, and ave to admit its the best recipe ive tried so far!!
    Me too, I always get compliments when I make pizza using her pizza dough. Haven't in ages though, I really should too, the husband enjoys putting the toppings on when I have it made. I swear he's worse than a child :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,048 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Seriously, folks, if a pizza recipe doesn't have yeast in the recipe, then it's not really pizza dough. It is some sort of 'easy home bake' substitute for pizza dough.
    My advice: make proper yeast dough or else buy your bases - those 'scone' type bases are nothing like pizza. I know, I've tried them!

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭conor678

Defo agree on creating a good proper home made dough using yeast rather then a store bought pizza dough mix.

It's real easy to do and if you do it early in the day the better. Gives it a good bit of time to rise.

Also would heavily recommended a pizza stone if you're serious about making homemade pizzas. Makes a massive difference and really crisps the base giving it that authentic flavour

Advertisement