Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Shattering

Options
  • 24-11-2010 4:25pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

So, how are you all finding the old world changes? I'm off sick today, so i got to level my Hunter up in the 50-60 regions, and i have to say it's so much better. Swamp of Sorrow's was good, and Blasted Lands was excellent. Some really good quests. Stormwind is also looking quite nice, and i can't wait to be able to fly around it.

I've gotten some weird achievements for exploration though. It say's i've visited all of the zones hit hard by the Cataclysm, and that i;ve explored EPL, but i've never even been there. Also, my Call Pet talent is called Call Prophet Velen for some reason.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Kiith wrote: »
    So, how are you all finding the old world changes? I'm off sick today, so i got to level my Hunter up in the 50-60 regions, and i have to say it's so much better. Swamp of Sorrow's was good, and Blasted Lands was excellent. Some really good quests. Stormwind is also looking quite nice, and i can't wait to be able to fly around it.

Havent logged in, at work atm. However just found out the f***ers have added the Bilgewater Cartel tabard (as well as the city factions) for gaining rep. I spent six hours last night grinding DM for the the keys.... grrr.
    On a good note, it will mean the 4k rep im short will be done in an hour or so. Should also help me get the 25 tabards achievment pretty rapidly also.

Also, my Call Pet talent is called Call Prophet Velen for some reason.

Pretty nifty to be able to call an alliance boss to fight at your side..... Do you have to feed him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,589 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I just went around some of EK but didn't go to Kalimdor yet.

I was saddened to see southshore and Loch modan is quite different. But Wetlands... for a place that just got hit by a collapsed dam, it is remarkably intact.

However, the general lack of portals was grinding my gears

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Messing around on my lvl 48 mage and its a totally different game, really liking what they have done.
    Just wonder will it be the same old in Outland and Northrend as in will there be changes to the questing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Loving the changes to Orgrimmar, proper city now and we even finally get a druid trainer there too :) Seems like Horde got the bulk of the new changes, Stormwind looks a little nicer etc., but Org is completely changed.

Already a few going around on the Goblin Trikes too and on Draenor at least, Org seem completely packed with people now, would be a complete lagfest if your computer was not up to it.

Tanaris + Thousand Needles look fantastic although I dunno if I could put up with levelling herb/mining there now with all that water, was my fav place to level mining/herbalism.

Nehaxak wrote: »
    Tanaris + Thousand Needles look fantastic although I dunno if I could put up with levelling herb/mining there now with all that water, was my fav place to level mining/herbalism.

Youll be able to fly :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Dcully wrote: »
    Just wonder will it be the same old in Outland and Northrend as in will there be changes to the questing?
    no. they remain as they were.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

My Hunter is 59 now, and i'm trying my best not to go to Outland. Never liked the place, and i think i might get a few levels out of Winterspring and Sithilus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭luisspellcast

My Hunter is 59 now, and i'm trying my best not to go to Outland. Never liked the place, and i think i might get a few levels out of Winterspring and Sithilus.

don't dislike outland once i've learned how to do it in less than 16h:

run a few instances while making the first quests - get the flying mount and keep queuing for the instances; get vial's quests and once you complete you should be able to move to zangarmarsh - get the quests while spamming the instances and then move to tombs - get the quests and run the dungeons and voila :D i know this is a lot easier when you have almost instant dungeon (my last 3 chars doing that were healer, tank and healer) but, still, it's very easy to complete it

Far as I know, at least it felt that way for me when levelling a few alts up there - you get more xp in outland than you do in Azeroth, even off same level mobs (58/59/60).

Could well be wrong though, might have been a dream or some weird psychosis.

What I'd recommend you do is level through the BattleGrounds instead and take up mining and herbalism or skinning - level them while you're waiting for the BG's to pop up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

If you're already 80, there's a few profession dailies, but is there anything else one should be doing? I didnt get to do much last night.

• Advertisement

Nehaxak wrote: »
    Far as I know, at least it felt that way for me when levelling a few alts up there - you get more xp in outland than you do in Azeroth, even off same level mobs (58/59/60).

Could well be wrong though, might have been a dream or some weird psychosis.

What I'd recommend you do is level through the BattleGrounds instead and take up mining and herbalism or skinning - level them while you're waiting for the BG's to pop up.
    Mobs definitely give more xp in Outland. Getting 600-700xp per kill (2 heirlooms) compared to 400-500 in Azeroth. The new quests in the Blasted Lands were giving me almost 12-15k xp per quest though, compared to 9-11k in Outland. Still though, it's not that bad, and i'll hopefully get to 68 soon.

As for levelling in either BG's or instances, it takes bloody ages on my server. I'm dps, so it's a good 20 minute wait in most cases. And BG's are even longer at times. I wish they'd fix the god damn queues already.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

I wish they'd fix the god damn queues already.

They cant fix the queues when everyone wants to DPS! :rolleyes:

What I found helped me as well to beat the grind, even though it was more of a grind but sure...

When you hit the level required or just under (I think around lvl 63 is fine, maybe even lower on the hunter as BM), go to Nagrand and just grind the Ogre's there for Maghar rep - so at least you've something to aim for as when exalted you can get the nice mounts from them. So, just queue up for BG's and grind rep with the Maghar while waiting. Get a fair whack of gold too, along with tons of cloth and other stuff.

Strangest thing for me with this expansion is that I'm really looking forward to it on the 7th but I'm also getting married on the 9th so I've to try balance out my feelings :D That and of course the budget in Ireland coming out the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Ptard

Dustaz wrote: »
    no. they remain as they were.

Heard they're changing some things to add lore for worgen/goblins for going into WotLK and defeating LK. I wouldn't be suprised if it was just text though.

Drakar wrote: »
    If you're already 80, there's a few profession dailies, but is there anything else one should be doing? I didnt get to do much last night.

Only fishing an cooking dailies, but they do give the tokens for cataclysm.

Go get a Bilgewater Cartel Tabard, grind instances, get your self a goblin trike. :D

Have a wander around, look at the new areas.

Im one of those tools that will prob go and complete all the new quests in each area.

Started a troll shaman late last night (while hammered) and from what I remember (not a whole lot), the troll area looked pretty nice.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

one odd thing though , I've a 70 hunter who was about 4/5ths the way toward 71.When I logged in I'd immediately jumped to level 71, for no reason??.
    Ofc the problem is that I use in as part of a legacy raiding guild (an alt guild basically to do the high end BC raids we missed out on at the time) and I'd been about to switch off XP gain the night before but couldn't as there was an event in SW and no NPC's.....doh!

So since he's now too high a level to raid with them(well he can but apparantly it'll affect them getting JP for raids) I'm kind of stuck.
    Raised a ticket but doubt anything will happen ...:(

one odd thing though , I've a 70 hunter who was about 4/5ths the way toward 71.When I logged in I'd immediately jumped to level 71, for no reason??.
    Ofc the problem is that I use in as part of a legacy raiding guild (an alt guild basically to do the high end BC raids we missed out on at the time) and I'd been about to switch off XP gain the night before but couldn't as there was an event in SW and no NPC's.
    So since he's now too high a level to raid with them(well he can but apparantly it'll affect them getting JP for raids) I'm kind of stuck.

You gained the level straight away as they reduced the amount of exp needed to level by 20%. I doubt they will be able to help you get him back to lvl70 tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,589 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Ofc the problem is that I use in as part of a legacy raiding guild (an alt guild basically to do the high end BC raids we missed out on at the time) and I'd been about to switch off XP gain the night before but couldn't as there was an event in SW and no NPC's.....doh!

I remember when WotLK came out, my warrior had just reached 66 before I left him dormant. When I logged him for the first time after WotLK, he was 1 xp away from 67.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

Changed my hunter to undead :)

Looks awesome xD

You gained the level straight away as they reduced the amount of exp needed to level by 20%. I doubt they will be able to help you get him back to lvl70 tbh.

yes and yes , annoying as **** though .
    either I start levelling another character to 70 from scratch .or give up on seeing any sunwell/black temple and the like and just start levelling him to 80 .
    (i've 4 other 80s so its a bit pointless...)
    pain in the arse though , if it wasnt for the pointless event none of this would have happened.....

• Advertisement

You could just go in with a lvl80 group. Not as much of a challenge, but can be fun to see the content none the less. Also, levelling is insanely fast now.

You could just go in with a lvl80 group. Not as much of a challenge, but can be fun to see the content none the less. Also, levelling is insanely fast now.
    true, but it was a guild thing , and I suppose I can go whenever they've "borrowed" an 80 to help , its a bit annoying though.And it would have been nice to do them as proper raids instead of ezmode's
    Ah well , on with the grind I guess :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Changed my druid to a troll, looks pretty crap, but better than the stupid Tauren.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Will more than likely be changing my druid to a Worgen..

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Gooch2k4

Im loving the shattering, but i tell you, you sure as hell notice the difference in dungeons, bosses take waaaay longer to kill

Gooch2k4 wrote: »
    Im loving the shattering, but i tell you, you sure as hell notice the difference in dungeons, bosses take waaaay longer to kill

did they give them more health or something? Noticed this myself while grinding Bilgewater rep last night. The bosses actually stayed up for longer than 10 seconds.....

• Registered Users Posts: 83,464 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Im not sure I like the Horde owning Ashzara, or the look of that massive cannon you can see from outter space.

Trying to cross into Southern Barrens was interesting, and Water Walking Potions never were so handy as when I ran through Thousand Needles (which is mega-awesome now, by the way) But I was kinda pissed at them when I was flying around the forests of Ferals in Flightpath and they decided to go back with those blocky chunky "trees" there again, even though if you fly over Elwyn now, it looks incredibly better than before. Aside from a couple exceptions I love all the new vegetation (Southern Barrens is nuts), doesnt look so 2004 anymore. The water in Darkshore is also pretty effing spectacular.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Gooch2k4

Yes and they have chopped a fair bit of most classes DPS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

Dermighty wrote: »
    Changed my druid to a troll, looks pretty crap, but better than the stupid Tauren.

LIES, Tauren fo life home slice

• Advertisement

<3 my Troll Druid...

Feral
    WoWScrnShot_112610_002127_1.jpg

Bear
    WoWScrnShot_112610_002248.jpg

Advertisement