Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Shattering

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭KilOit

I like the Plants vs Zombies game in Hillsbrad, hope they add more games into the engine in future could up their subscriber base with a tonne of different games included.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Nehaxak wrote: »
    <3 my Troll Druid...

Feral

Bear
    WoWScrnShot_112610_002248.jpg

Blanka?
    5021d1271094667-blanka-next-street-fighter-bust-series-blanka_l3qtr_blue.jpg

Haven't had much chance to see the changes, but I did peek into silverpine. Amazed at how vicious they are - and more swearing than usual :eek::D

It's nice they have more FPs finally and the new apothecary towns are a bit cool. I miss southshore though, I did like it :( And the epic pvp battles between TM & SS :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

hows the lvling speed from 70-80 now?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

TechnoPool wrote: »
    hows the lvling speed from 70-80 now?

25% faster now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

can we can play the new class combinations with this patch ?

might sub up and fail college then :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Yes, but not the new races. But you can be a human hunter etc if you have that moustache fetish thing.

Drakar wrote: »
    Yes, but not the new races. But you can be a human hunter etc if you have that moustache fetish thing.

awesome !! undead hunter here i come.

Not so good 5.29 gb update on a 5mb speed internet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Had a quick look around irongforge and stormwind, had a quick look around, logged off.

Not arsed grinding " rep" for factions.

Although I cant wait to hit Cataclysm withthe ground running

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 UberGeneration

I love all the changes!!

I cant wait for the new quests to show up, or have they already?

(i only just came back after a long break and bought cataclysm online!)

The cataclysm game has installed and is ready for 7th of december !! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

if you're not exalted with all the home factions and not justice points capped, why not do heroics for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

DRakE wrote: »
    if you're not exalted with all the home factions and not justice points capped, why not do heroics for them?

or the Pit of Saron rep farm :O

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

I have to say, i was greatly underwhelmed with the damage deathwing done to stormwind.

May take a tour around both islands before my sub runs out (forever) but it doesnt look like much has changed to be bothered doing that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

nix wrote: »
    I have to say, i was greatly underwhelmed with the damage deathwing done to stormwind.

May take a tour around both islands before my sub runs out (forever) but it doesnt look like much has changed to be bothered doing that :(

He is not bothered with the lesser threat

Meow!

Yes the new quests are in in the areas that were reworked, since they're lower level though you probably wont notice them if you have a high level character.

The new troll starting area is meant to be nice, so that could be a good way to see stuff if you wanted to. I'd imagine there'll be rather alot of goblin\wargen day 1 :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I'd imagine there'll be rather alot of goblin\wargen day 1

Am i correct to assume paid race change to Goblin\Worgen will be available after Cata release?
    Thought i read somewhere that it will be an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

i went through westfall and thought it was great cant wait to see the rest of the zones. also deadmines was really good, automatic quest updates and boss's with around 10k health

Dcully wrote: »
    Am i correct to assume paid race change to Goblin\Worgen will be available after Cata release?
    Thought i read somewhere that it will be an option.

You can pay to race change on day 1:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1116854

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

GO_Bear wrote: »
    He is not bothered with the lesser threat
    do you play a troll...?

...cos you are one ;)

Was blown away by the new forsaken quest's was like :eek: the entire way through lots of fun, Started on saturday rolled a undead hunter on bladefist. got him to 36 now. Enjoying it so far got to stv was a but meh place still bores me senseless. Arathi highlands seemed to be the same stuff as before.

Enjouyng wpl and epl atm. Trying to not do dungeons n bg's cause im enjoying the quest's

• Advertisement

what i notice now is that all quests are like mini chains within a huge chain... all quests guide u to all quest hubs in the same zone in a fun way with a story and then guide u to the next quest hub in a different zone!

its great for new players but also for veteran players.. its just really well done :)

Lone Stone wrote: »
    Was blown away by the new forsaken quest's was like :eek: the entire way through lots of fun, Started on saturday rolled a undead hunter on bladefist. got him to 36 now. Enjoying it so far got to stv was a but meh place still bores me senseless. Arathi highlands seemed to be the same stuff as before.

Enjouyng wpl and epl atm. Trying to not do dungeons n bg's cause im enjoying the quest's
    you should definitely do the dungeons. alot of them have been revamped from what i've read, and most of the quests are at an npc just inside the instance portal.

also, bladefist *sniff* used to play there, anyone remember these?

ggblizzard.jpg

and one for the old timers

aldodead.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Apolloyon

what i notice now is that all quests are like mini chains within a huge chain... all quests guide u to all quest hubs in the same zone in a fun way with a story and then guide u to the next quest hub in a different zone!

its great for new players but also for veteran players.. its just really well done :)

That's what I was thinking! I'm really enjoying what they've done witht the quests/stories. In particular Westfall was a real hoot! I also had a great time in Deadmines and really used to HATE Deadmines. So far I've been very impressed!

ohh ! i havent been in westfall at all yet.. i might make a human......warlock :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

DRakE wrote: »
    and one for the old timers

aldodead.jpg

I've gone grey since then :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 KyleMyers

I'm having fun exploring the new world and doing the quests brought in. The Ghouls vs Peacebloom quest chain in Hillsbrad Foothills was a really fun addition and the new Deadmines was really enjoyable.

I only have a couple of gripes with the changes however. First is that I find myself levelling far too fast. I did a couple of dungeons and a battleground or two and found that I was level 27 and fighting level 13 NPCs in Darkshore for quests.

Also the heavy use of phasing in the new world limits World-PVP and roleplaying which as a guild leader is something I find myself having to work around an awful lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

So far, I'm really liking the changes (although, I had to work with a Loch Modan caster shield from Level 15 to 31, and had to run all the way to Desolace to get the upgrade! :eek:)

The questing changes are quite nice - it's good to see that Blizzard are helping to point you in the right direction when it comes to quests (having been Horde since my second character, it's quite helpful for my ginger dwarf), and that many of the quests (and their respective rewards -
    Spider Splatter Mace ftw
    ) are also really fun.

Levelling does seem a bit too fast-paced though, and the zones just seem to fly by (although, I'm getting enough questing done in them to get the achievements, or fairly close), which is kind off disappointing since some of the zones look fantastic and I would love to just hang around in them for a bit longer while still being able to level.

The dungeon changes are quite nice too - Deadmines and SFK were pretty fun, even on normal difficulty. It's nice to see that the bosses actually do something other than stand still and smack you for 30 seconds :P
    Not so good 5.29 gb update on a 5mb speed internet
    I had to do it on a 3Mb connection! :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

They've reduced the XP rewards for 1-60 dungeons now, to stop people from hugely outlevelling the zones. I've not tried the low level area's yet, as i want to experience them as a Worgen next week, but am looking forward to it. If they are as good as Swamp of Sorrows and the Blasted Lands, then it should be fun.

• Advertisement

I did Redridge last night

It's a fabulous zone now, great storyline and some fun new styles of quest

Advertisement