Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE Radio 1 Archive

• 24-11-2010 5:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

After a frustrating hour of trawling through RTE's atrocious website I've finally given up on trying to locate their archives so Im posting here in the hope that someone might be able to direct me to the RTE archives. I went to the following page (http://www.rte.ie/radio1/) clicked on the missed a show link, selected RTE Radio 1 and it brought me back to the same page. WTF?

I was listening to a programme at around midnight on Monday 22nd and I cant even find a a listing for Monday to find out what show it is. The only listings I can find is for Today and Tomorrow on this page (http://www.rte.ie/radio/listing.html?channel=110)

Is the RTE website really this bad or is it just me?

Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

If it was a programme critical of the government, its probably been wiped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

lol.. very funny telekon (aka Jim Corr)...

Do you not name of the program? There's probably a podcast of it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Southsider1

lol.. very funny telekon (aka Jim Corr)...

Do you not name of the program? There's probably a podcast of it..
    If it was midnight on Radio 1 it was late date. Not sure if they still podcasy the music shows due to the copyright problems. Today FM have stopped because of this.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Would this be what you're looking for?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭PDD

Hi Herme,

Thanks for the link but unfortunately that's not what I was looking for, I had a very quick jump through it and I don't think there is even a news segment in it. Perhaps it was the programme that was on before it.

Does anyone know where I can get the programming list for RTE Radio 1 for that night?

Dave

@ JonathanAnon - If you believe any state run/state funded institution is willing to put its head above the sand then you must have yours buried shoulder deep. Maybe it wasn't wiped but just 'misplaced'. Or maybe it got lost in the 'system' and with a website as woefully organised and as ****e as RTE thats not beyond the realm of possibility (which reminds me should I be forced to pay a TV license when even their website is pants).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭PDD

Removing Duplicate Post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

PDD wrote: »
    Hi Herme,

Thanks for the link but unfortunately that's not what I was looking for, I had a very quick jump through it and I don't think there is even a news segment in it. Perhaps it was the programme that was on before it.

Does anyone know where I can get the programming list for RTE Radio 1 for that night?

Arts Tonight is on Mondays 10 - 11. They haven't put up a podcast for Monday 22nd yet, which may mean there was another programme on that night and this could be the one you are looking for. Or, maybe it is Arts Tonight and they just haven't got around to the podcast yet.

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/artstonight/

Advertisement