Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers v Manchester United Match Thread 24/11/10

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Jesus Dunphy, Nani had blood drawn!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

NickDrake wrote: »
    13 games without a goal. Nealy a record?

I would say 8 of those game he has been awful

Nearly annoying as the delight you take in pointing it out every match. I'd call it boring but that would be doing boring, a disservice. YAWN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,434 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Eamonn clearly didn't see the blood on Nani's hands :rolleyes: That annoyed me so much, it obviously wasn't a penalty but the way Dunphy said it you'd swear there was no contact. Just looking for a rise I guess...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

lordgoat wrote: »
    Nearly annoying as the delight you take in pointing it out every match. I'd call it boring but that would be doing boring, a disservice. YAWN.

So he has played poor in last 2 months. So I cannot mention it when he plays poor??

Why not? Why do you feel he is above criticism??

The boy is a striker that cost £30m and he offers so little so often.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Quandary

Liam O wrote: »
    Eamonn clearly didn't see the blood on Nani's hands :rolleyes: That annoyed me so much, it obviously wasn't a penalty but the way Dunphy said it you'd swear there was no contact. Just looking for a rise I guess...

Nani is from the Ronaldo school of football - european style diving, flair, etc...

It wouldnt matter if Nani scored 60 goals over the next two seasons, Eamo has his mind made up on him. Sure look at the Ronaldo situation, has Eamo ever conceded that he is a world class player or anything to that effect?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Quandary wrote: »
    Nani is from the Ronaldo school of football - european style diving, flair, etc...

It wouldnt matter if Nani scored 60 goals over the next two seasons, Eamo has his mind made up on him. Sure look at the Ronaldo situation, has Eamo ever conceded that he is a world class player or anything to that effect?
    He did in the end.

AW! Unlucky Rooney, great free kick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Rooney can't catch a break, unlucky attempt.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

So he has played poor in last 2 months. So I cannot mention it when he plays poor??

Why not? Why do you feel he is above criticism??

The boy is a striker that cost £30m and he offers so little so often.

You can mention it all you like, but i find it boring that you focus on it so much. It has been pretty much your first comment in every match thread recently. Tedious.

Where did i say he was above criticism? MY first comment tonight was in relation to someone giving out about him not chasing one pass. I remember that pass, i remember the other ones before it when he did chase them down. I remember the tracking back he's done in that half. I remember him being a hell of a lot better in that half than Rooney who i feel has hidden from the ball to much. He played better towards the end. I don't hear many on here slating him, when he has done less than Berb. This is what pisses me off.

His price tag is irrelevant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

After he scored like 50 goals in a season, probably Ronaldos greatest achievement of all, converting Dunphy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Berbatov being singled out for critisism?

Imo: Nani, Scholes, Giggs, Evans all worse than him tonight.

Cant say im surprised by the Berba hate though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

scholes is playing well with Carrick in centre mid ffs

Trilla wrote: »
    scholes is playing well with Carrick in centre mid ffs

His passing is unusually poor.... ffs.

*as I type Scholes picks out Giggs who picks out Berbatov who fluffs it. ffs.

He is a product of his own dismay.

You can see when the ball isnt played to ihm properly he gets frustrated. He in fairness to him is such a cleveler player, and such a quality passer and has great vision, and he gets easily frustrated when others dont have the same standard.

I know his frustration i nfairness, back at schoolboy i spent a year playing in a team below my level, alot of us have been there. When you are used to high standards yourself and others around you dont provide the same, you get frustrated or you try pick up those around you.

Berbatov gets frustrated, and most of the time, rightly so when you see the positions he gets into and there is waste.

lordgoat wrote: »
    You can mention it all you like, but i find it boring that you focus on it so much. It has been pretty much your first comment in every match thread recently. Tedious.

Where did i say he was above criticism? MY first comment tonight was in relation to someone giving out about him not chasing one pass. I remember that pass, i remember the other ones before it when he did chase them down. I remember the tracking back he's done in that half. I remember him being a hell of a lot better in that half than Rooney who i feel has hidden from the ball to much. He played better towards the end. I don't hear many on here slating him, when he has done less than Berb. This is what pisses me off.

His price tag is irrelevant.

His price tag is irrelevant?? He is the most overpriced player at this club EVER and will always be.

He is not value for money in the slightest.

He price tag is so relevant because we could have gotten two excellent players for that money.

Looks at Hernadez for example.

Your constant denial of the useless Bulgarian who wont even bother playing for his country is boring.

Yawn

Your constant denial of the useless Bulgarian who wont even bother playing for his country is boring.

Yawn

We are talking about the same Bulgarian right?

The countries all time top goalscorer who removed himself from international football so he could focus solely on club level and win the hearts of fans?

There has been a lot worse money spent then on Berbatov.... if his so called supporters werent on his back so much, maybe he wouldnt feel so much pressure everygame that he doesnt score : /

When he is on form, the ability he shows up front is priceless.

Ah Carrick! That was great play!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I think Berbatov is having a good game, he's trying really hard, everything isn't falling to him, but he's doing what he can!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Fu€k Carrick deserves a goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Great one two between berba and rooney, poor shot from carrick.

• Advertisement

His price tag is irrelevant?? He is the most overpriced player at this club EVER and will always be.

He price tag is so relevant because we could have gotten two excellent players for that money.

Yawn
    Sebastien Veron was the most overpriced player United ever bought IMO.

TheDoc wrote: »
    He is a product of his own dismay.

You can see when the ball isnt played to ihm properly he gets frustrated. He in fairness to him is such a cleveler player, and such a quality passer and has great vision, and he gets easily frustrated when others dont have the same standard.

I know his frustration i nfairness, back at schoolboy i spent a year playing in a team below my level, alot of us have been there. When you are used to high standards yourself and others around you dont provide the same, you get frustrated or you try pick up those around you.

Berbatov gets frustrated, and most of the time, rightly so when you see the positions he gets into and there is waste.

Refreshing to see someone explain their point as opposed to "Berbatov is feckin shít!" and the like. He isnt playing well tonight, but my point was that regardless of what he does he will be slated before the finger is pointed elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Jesus

**** sake. We're walking on a thin line...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

VDS our best player tonight so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Another good chance for Rangers, good save by VDS

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Great turn from Berba.

Great turn by Berbs, not a great shot...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Yawn

You remind me of a clueless Eamon Dunphy. You make up your mind on a player and no matter what he does your mind is made up. I say a clueless Dunphy ass the lad does make some valid points every once in a while and I'm still waiting for your first.

• Advertisement

well in Michael Carrick good on you.

Carrick having a really good game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

VDS our best player tonight so far
    I think that was his first save was it not?

2nd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

1 from miller in first half maybe I was a bit hasty Fabio and carrick are playing well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,434 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Sebastien Veron was the most overpriced player United ever bought IMO.

If Veron was first choice CM for United he would have been fantastic imo. Berba has gotten chances that Veron could only dream of.

• Advertisement

inch perfect from Scholes!

Yawn

Stuff like this is why "Nick Drake knows his stuff" is a tag in the United superthread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Pass inside the fullback from Scholes to Nani there was absolutely sublime.

Nani did well there...

TheDoc wrote: »
    We are talking about the same Bulgarian right?

The countries all time top goalscorer who removed himself from international football so he could focus solely on club level and win the hearts of fans?

There has been a lot worse money spent then on Berbatov.... if his so called supporters werent on his back so much, maybe he wouldnt feel so much pressure everygame that he doesnt score : /

When he is on form, the ability he shows up front is priceless.

when he is on form?? When is that?? 1 game a month?

You are blind. If he was in a Liverpool jersey you would be calling him a waste of money.

Pressure? He is a professional for god sake.

• Advertisement

Liam O wrote: »
    If Veron was first choice CM for United he would have been fantastic imo. Berba has gotten chances that Veron could only dream of.
    My point still stands.

We have gotten more out of berbatov than we did out of Veron, making him more overpriced.

After that hat trick against liverpool, Berba will always be a favourite of mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Apart from giving out to his teammates I think Berba has had a more than decent game tonight. One of the few really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Glad that Anderson is coming on, needs some game time.

Stuff like this is why "Nick Drake knows his stuff" is a tag in the United superthread.

Ha ha . Who has it?

His passing is unusually poor.... ffs.

*as I type Scholes picks out Giggs who picks out Berbatov who fluffs it. ffs.

86% completion of which 3 were through balls. Not bad to be fair. Stat came up as he went off.

He's shattered

Ha ha . Who has it?

No no, a tag, not a sig.

Tags are at the bottom of the thread so when people search for threads they can be found.

So if someone searched "NickDrake knows his stuff" the United thread would pop up.

Its sarcasm, by the way ;)

Fabio gives away far too many free kicks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

What a jacket. Do want!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭allybhoy

when he is on form?? When is that?? 1 game a month?

You are blind. If he was in a Liverpool jersey you would be calling him a waste of money.

Pressure? He is a professional for god sake.

Eh he's uniteds top scorer in the league, end of argument.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Foster is a slap!

• Advertisement
Advertisement