Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legacy of Kain

Options
  • 24-11-2010 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else out there want to see these remade or re-released for the PS3 in HD?

Also - which were folks favourites or which do you want to see now?

Which do you want to see / What was your fav? 49 votes

Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain (96/97 - PS1)
    0% 0 votes
    Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver (99 - PS1)
    26% 13 votes
    Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2 (2001 - PS2)
    40% 20 votes
    Blood Omen 2: Legacy of Kain (2002 - PS2)
    8% 4 votes
    Legacy of Kain: Defiance (2003 - PS2)
    14% 7 votes
    What? A vampire game? Surely that is a waste of time - Bloodrayne was enough for me (lol)
    8% 4 votes
    Give me something new....
    2% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Only played Blood Omen and Soul Reaver, cant pick between the 2.

Though the world needs more awesome top down RPG's.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I don't think so, as out of the 5 games in the series 3 were ps2 games and i think that the ps1 game would not work so well with any amount HD upgrading other than a new game and the ps2 game would be odd with out the earlier games that many would not have played (1997)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Absolutely fantastic series, I'd love to see it return but with Tony Jay dead they're down a few voices. Plus Amy Hennig, left Crystal Dynamics for Naughty Dog so direction wise they'd need a replacement for her, not an easy task in the slightest.

As for replaying them, just play them on the PC, that's what I did originally and that's what I use to jump back into them from time to time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I'd love to see a remake of the first one , but only if they keep as many of the voice actors as they can(or re use the original voice track).
    Legacy of Kain was the only top down one though , It was "zelda with fangs" by comparison to soul reavers "Tomb raider with fangs".

I've
    Legacy of Kain:Blood Omen on the PS1
    Soul Reaver on the dreamcast
    Soul Reaver 2 on the PC
    Blood Omen 2 on the gamecube and
    Defiance on the ps2.
    So the whole lot , across different systems.

Oh and If you have or can get a US PSN account , Legacy of kain is about 6 dollars there as a digital PS1 download .No sign of it coming to the shitty EU PSN shop though....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,478 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I have good memories of Soul Reaver 1 on the PS1, always thought it was a better game than Tomb Raider which I always associated with it. However, couldn't get into the 2nd at all for some reason: rented it, but it didn't have the same appeal as the first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭istaunton

I think my Fav would have to be Blood Omen 2. Kain is just a horrible bastard and it was quite enjoyable listening to his hearty laugh every time he did something mean :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Oh and If you have or can get a US PSN account , Legacy of kain is about 6 dollars there as a digital PS1 download .No sign of it coming to the shitty EU PSN shop though....

You can get it for free on the PC: Edit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

humanji wrote: »

You just made my day :D

LOK was fuppin brilliant. I remember buying it not expecting it to be any good but then i heard the fantastic acting of Simon Templeman and the brilliantly written script, and was sold. It was a huge game too.

Soul reaver was excellent, i really dont remember all that much of SR2, except for the ending. Blood omen 2 was ****, and defiance sadly got rid of all its RPG elements and went as a straight up brawler, but storywise it was a good conslusion.
    Possibly still the best told story of any series of games.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

humanji wrote: »
    cough thats technically a warez site, since its not been released to public domain or anything , but it's probably the only way you can get it without having a us account and a ps3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Soul reaver was excellent, i really dont remember all that much of SR2, except for the ending.

That's an ending that's still in my head all these years later -
    "History abhors a paradox"
    Absolutely fantastic stuff, think I'll have to replay Defiance soon actually!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Had to delete those abandonware links. I'm pretty sure it wasn't released as public domain and is therefore warez. Those abandonware sites don't put up freeware games, just games they can get away with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

damnit missed the link :p

Yeah loved the first game, really liked he background and gameplay, but wasnt mad on the rest of the game (bar the fmv intro's)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Played through all of them, enjoyed them all bar BO2. I just found it so dull!

Soul Reaver is the best of the lot, Raziel remains one of the coolest looking game characters ever! I'd love to play all of the content that was cut from that game, I remember spending hours looking for it back in 1999.

There's a great website on the series that details much of the content that was cut: http://www.thelostworlds.net/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

I've actually only played two of the titles. Soul Reaver on the Dreamcast which, despite being a PS port, was excellent. And Defiance on the PC. I think Defiance just edged it for me.

Pity Soul Reaver 2 was canned on the DC. Would have definitly picked it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I'd actually rather get the originals that I'm missing from the series, as opposed to seeing a re-release. Played through them all (except the original Blood Omen), but unfortunately don't own them all. Stunning games though. Ok, so the gameplay is (and was) nothing special or out of the ordinary, but the story-line and voice actine is simply fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Loved all the games, bar the second Blood Omen which was beyond dull. I would love to see a remake of all the main games with Raziel, particularly the first game which was the pinnacle on the puzzle-front. A great overall story that was horribly convuluted, yet deeply immersive!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

deathrider wrote: »
    I'd actually rather get the originals that I'm missing from the series, as opposed to seeing a re-release. Played through them all (except the original Blood Omen), but unfortunately don't own them all. Stunning games though. Ok, so the gameplay is (and was) nothing special or out of the ordinary, but the story-line and voice actine is simply fantastic.

Know what you mean - the voice acting was quite good for the day.
    And the over-arching story line that was slowly revealed through the series (after the first) was great - kept wondering where it was going.
    Still have the originals - but with the PS3 no longer playing PS2 games I may just have to pick up a cheap 2nd hand PS2 from game or somewhere.

Thought the boss battles in Soul Reaver were excellent.

Advertisement