Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shop that sells Cake Decorations

Options
  • 24-11-2010 6:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Does anyone know of a shop in Galway that has a good selection of Cake Decorations and a good section of food colourings for use in cake decorating? I have seen the standard selection they have in Dunnes etc.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

McCambridges

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I personally don't think anywhere in Galway has a good selection. Ryan's Homestore has a few bits and pieces, but mainly cupcakes cases, tins, etc, no colours I don't think. Most places in Galway only really sell the liquid food colourings which are pretty useless, I buy all my paste/gel/dust colourings online or from suppliers.

There's a place downstairs in the Eyre Square Centre that sells health food/nuts etc, they have a small cake decorating section, a few coloured RegalIce packs, some lustre spray, that kinda thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭tootired

Ryans sell Wiltons colour pastes but are way more expensive than buying on line. If you only need a colour or two then Ryans is your best bet, if you need more I'd say buy on line, postage can range from £7 to £14 so I'd buy a lot to justify the postage
    If you're looking for premade decorations try www.griffinfoods.ie. They are a wholesaler so most of their items are sold in bulk(ish)
    They also sell very cheap cake boards. Their standard delivery is €10, again make sure you buy enough to justify the delivery cost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Suza

Thanks for your replies, just looking for a few items to go on a Christening cake for my little man. Will check these places out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Agree with spadina Galway doesn't have any good shops for that kind of stuff. Ryan's have brown and mint green paste only. :D

Was in there yesterday after I got a call from them a week ago saying they had got colouring paste and edible glitter in but when I got there it was all still in the boxes and they didn't have either of the things I ordered.:rolleyes:

Off to Belfast tomorrow so must have a look online where I can go up there.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement