Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need help with my Internet Connection

• 24-11-2010 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place for my thread, if not hopefully the moderators will move it to the right place, thanks.

Anyways, I've a problem with my internet at home. One the router keeps goin off. It's a Netopia 2247 series from Eircom. The right light keeps coming on, maybe twice a day and kills the connection around the house.

Also it has become really slow, we are paying for 7mb but we're not getting anywhere near that. I looked at the configuration of the router there and it says maximum downstream is 1,019mbps. Sure that's only 1mb and there wasn nothin there to give the option of increasing the max downstream, it was more of an overview or whatever. My question is how do I get it that it will get me up near the 7?

Also should I look into updating the software for it, and do I need to contact my provider before I download the software as advised from Netopia website?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭swampgas

Not sure if this is the right place for my thread, if not hopefully the moderators will move it to the right place, thanks.

Anyways, I've a problem with my internet at home. One the router keeps goin off. It's a Netopia 2247 series from Eircom. The right light keeps coming on, maybe twice a day and kills the connection around the house.

Also it has become really slow, we are paying for 7mb but we're not getting anywhere near that. I looked at the configuration of the router there and it says maximum downstream is 1,019mbps. Sure that's only 1mb and there wasn nothin there to give the option of increasing the max downstream, it was more of an overview or whatever. My question is how do I get it that it will get me up near the 7?

Also should I look into updating the software for it, and do I need to contact my provider before I download the software as advised from Netopia website?

Not sure this is really the right forum - but it sounds like you should be talking to Eircom to get it sorted. Especially if you are getting "red lights".

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Hitting 8 megs or even near may simply not be possible depending on line conditions. Log into the router on 192.168.1.254 and post back with the line stats.

Advertisement