Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just been tempted by Sky "devil"

• 24-11-2010 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

hi Guys

Just went to cancel my Skyworld package( inc sports & movies) with HD pack to get Freesat / digital terrestrial and now they have reduced by subscrition by over 40% to €51 for the lot for the next 6 mths , the recession must be affecting business , anyway I will keep until after Christmas and see how bad the budget is , this might seem strange but I would have almost have preferred them not to offer me a deal just to finally make the break

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭J-C

Just tried to do the same myself but only got offered 20% discount or €61 p/m for sky world.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

thats gas cos we rang to cancel our special 6 month offer of 10euro for 2 packs and they immediately offered to extend it for another 6 months. depends on who you get talking to really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭cartman51773

i got half price sports and free movies 3 months ago and rang to cancel the movies the other day and downgrade the sports but theyu extended the sports deal for another 3 months. all depends who you get i would say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

I rang last week to get my Sky World HD package reduced to just the basic entertainment and documentary packages (HD). Price went from €91 to €40. Didnt get any offers of them either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭coolegrain

well..i got the leaflet for half price sports and movies for three months..
    just rang them there...and got all the channels, including hd...for 50.50 euros total for next three months....have to cancel in two months...give them 31 days notice..
    i think the fella made a mistake, i went over it a few times with him and got his full name to cover myself....but, 50.50 euros for 3 months for everything including hd channels seems good compared to what it normally is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

I cancelled my Sky in the last week and didn't get any special offers. I used have sports, movies, HD and multiroom and it was costing over €100 a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭cartman51773

i think you need to contact sky on the scotland number as the irish call centre dont seem to care when you downgrade or have any offers. call 1800 81 20 40. its a free number that should put you through to the uk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

i think you need to contact sky on the scotland number as the irish call centre dont seem to care when you downgrade or have any offers.

Not true, the Irish call centre offered me the basic pack +1 mix for €10 a month for 6 months, even told me to ring again when the 6 months was up to see if I could get another deal.

Advertisement