Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any competitively priced gyms in Kilkenny?

Options
  • 24-11-2010 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭

hi all,

i have seen a few threads on gyms in kilkenny but nothing up to date...

What are the prices like for the gyms now and which would you recommend?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

There're almost all in around the €500 - €600 mark. Watershed might be cheaper but its also open to the public so expect it to be busy 24/7.

Im a member of Ormonde, you'd either love it or hate it there. Paid two months up front and direct debit monthly afterwards, its the best option cause you can cancel at anytime without losing money. Pretty sure most gyms are doing this now too.

There used to be a joining fee back when times were good but most gyms have dropped this cause nobody had the money to pay it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

The more expensive places are a delight and have the added advantage of keeping out the nouveau pauvre with their exclusionist pricing structure.

If this isn't your thing you could hit the watershed and all the vagabonds having their monthly wash.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

In the same boat. Have been looking for a reasonably priced gym in Kilkenny and found that the watershed is the cheapest. I have decided to go to Carlow instead where I found a gym that is only 300 per year. No swimming pool but the facilities are very good. Went in and checked it out the other day and am planning on signing up this week.

Glad to hear Fabbydabby hasn't been hit by the recession. Wouldnt we all love to use these exclusive gyms :(

Au contraire, I'll be hitting the ring road with all the frumpy thirty-somethings when my current gym membership expires.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 119 ✭✭t63m

toe_knee wrote: »
    In the same boat. Have been looking for a reasonably priced gym in Kilkenny and found that the watershed is the cheapest. I have decided to go to Carlow instead where I found a gym that is only 300 per year. No swimming pool but the facilities are very good. Went in and checked it out the other day and am planning on signing up this week.

Glad to hear Fabbydabby hasn't been hit by the recession. Wouldnt we all love to use these exclusive gyms :(
    Aw come on the guy was'nt being serious!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

Either was I. Just a bit of banter

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

fabbydabby wrote: »
    Au contraire, I'll be hitting the ring road with all the frumpy thirty-somethings when my current gym membership expires.

Wave when I'm passing on the bike (I'll be in boards.ie gear :))

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Will do.

Is it a stolen bike, as your signature suggests?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

fabbydabby wrote: »
    Will do.

Is it a stolen bike, as your signature suggests?

If my bike looks like the one in my sig, it's totally coincedental ;)

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Advertisement