Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to Dollymount Beach?

Options
  • 24-11-2010 6:34pm

Hey all,

Wouldn't mind heading to Dollymount beach on Saturday. Have never been, though.

I'm in Drogheda, and Google Earth seems to put Dollymount close enough to Dublin City.

So, if I grab a Matthews Coach to Dublin, it will drop me on Parnell St. I've never travelled on any public transport within dublin, so I'm a bit clueless.

Would anyone tell me how I'd get from Parnell St. to Dollymount beach?

I don't mind walking if that's viable (though I plan to be carrying camera gear with me, so if the surrounding area is scumbag-city, then I'd obviously rather transport).

Handier yet; does anyone know how much a Taxi would cost?

Sorry for the sloppy post.

Cheers to anyone who is able to help out. Just a bit lost.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

Hop on the 130 bus in lower abbey street, Jump off at the stop just past the wooden bridge..15 min walk to the beach

busses every 13-15 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

What time will you be heading from town to Dollymount at KKV?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

I assume this is for photography. 130 is perfect for the city end if you're photographing the port. If it's wildlife your after, the causeway part is better but access is bad. You'll have to get off where the 130 leaves the coast road and walk a good bit or get a taxi. Taxis back will be an issue.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

tricky D wrote: »
    I assume this is for photography. 130 is perfect for the city end if you're photographing the port. If it's wildlife your after, the causeway part is better but access is bad. You'll have to get off where the 130 leaves the coast road and walk a good bit or get a taxi. Taxis back will be an issue.

Or he could get the 29a and walk down from Raheny,not not a long walk and a nice area.

Sorry for the lack of response. :o

There was supposed to be an Emergency Services demonstration on, with the Dublin Fire Brigade, Gardaì and Coast Guard. I'm fond of the emergency services so wanted to take a look.

But I decided then, the best thing to do was head to the protest instead as I knew where it was, and i had a feeling that, with the protest going on, the demonstration would probably be cancelled anyway. :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement