Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going to Newry for Christmas Shopping anyone?

Options
  • 24-11-2010 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

Who is going to Good old Newry, to the Buttercane centre, for some good old Xmas shopping, to save lots of money? infact Anywhere in northern ireland?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Newry is a bit far for us (Sligo) - Enniskillen is our place! Generally make a trip up every couple of months. It's amazing how much cheaper many things are up there. ASDA is the bargain hunter's heaven :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Iorras55

Hotaru wrote: »
    Newry is a bit far for us (Sligo) - Enniskillen is our place! Generally make a trip up every couple of months. It's amazing how much cheaper many things are up there. ASDA is the bargain hunter's heaven :D

I was in an ASDA in Scotland recently. It's a great store. Where Tesco reduce short dated food items to maybe 50 cents or so, Asda had fresh fruit salads and foodstuffs with dates of that day reduced to 2 pence!! - 2 pence!! Crikey - we also ordered ham, eggs and chips in Scotland when we saw it on offer for £1.99. We didn't know what to expect and could not believe our eyes when the plate arrived with two thick slices of pure lean smoked ham and two eggs and a pile of chips. Ireland will need to do a lot better! Heard there was an ASDA in Enniskillen - it might be worth the trip from Mayo.:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

For what can not buy online and is too expensive in shops here it is too Newry for us to:)
    So far amazon,thebookdepository and elc in Liffey valley have done well out of me.
    What I got in elc in liffey valley was on special in the south not north so worked out cheaper here.
    I love Next stuff for my little girl but it is too expensive here to Next and m&s on my next trip up.

Advertisement