Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance question

Options
  • 24-11-2010 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭

Heya.
    I am in the middle of a policy with 123.ie (travellers ins) and i just switched over to a renault laguna.
    i got a quote saying id be paying 85 a month instead of 65 a month beforehand.
    When i bought the car and switched my insurance it turns out to be 115e a month.
    The girl on the phone said it must be because i have the sports model (which there is NO mention of on my logbook or anything.. i rang up renault and they could find no mention of my car being a sport version through my reg+chassis number)
    So when i rang up to pay i told them it was not the sport version, and after a few call backs after yer man was talking to the "administration team" they said they have put it in as "renault laguna 2" instead of "renault laguna 2 sport" and now i must pay an extra 30e

I asked them to explain this in an email to me
    When a mid term change of vehicle is processed on a policy, the premium is determined by the underwriter, Travelers Insurance Company Limited. Each vehicle is grouped into a different rating with many rating factors involved.

On 4 November a quote of €301.05 inclusive of € 40 mid term adjustment fee , was given to process a permanent change of vehicle to Renault Laguna Sport - 1598cc .On 19 November it was advised correct model is Renault Laguna - 1598cc , this model is rated as a higher grouping than the Renault Laguna Sport and an additional premium inclusive of € 40 mid term adjustment fee is € 339.60 .

Does it make sense to anyone that a non sport version of the car would cost more than the sport version?
    Also they listed it as the Renault Laguna 2 which is the main model of the car. Mine is the laguna 2 expression.
    Is there anything i can do or will i always be ripped off by insurance companies for me life? =[

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

I have had this problem with 123.ie before.

first thing I would do is go to 123.ie website and setup two new quotes one for the laguna 2 and one for the laguna 2 sport. Ensure all the driver details are the same.

I bet you the premium does not change irrespective of the sport (non sport)

Now ring them and tell them what you did and that you want the correct price. Threaten the financial regulator.

you will get the correct price. Also tell them to waive the endorsement fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

Advertisement