Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would this happen in Kilkenny?

• 24-11-2010 7:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭

I hear that a number of players from a certain Waterford GAA club,
    including a senior county player formerly with MS & now with Passage
    had to make an apology to DLS after remarks made on Facebook!
    Surely the progression of 'Waterford Hurling' should be to the forefront
    of 'All' those involved with hurling in Waterford & leave this stupid & childish behaviour to children! How can players who are then selected to represent the county at senior level function or play as a team.

It's a pity that some players didn't take this form of aggression on to the field with them when we played Tipp' in this years semi-final or in the slaughter of 2008! It's time all those involved with Waterford GAA grew up & acted responsibly. Kilkenny have won four All-Irelands in the last five years. It will be one hundred years before we make it to three!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Whenever I see someone express their opinion (and its not a declaration of war or out of line), and then someone else demands an apology because they were offended, I die a little inside.

Care to elaborate on what exactly was said?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Any idea what was "apparently" said?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Damn you SillyMcCarthy, now I'm also curious what they had to apologise for.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭1971

I hear that a number of players from a certain Waterford GAA club,
    including a senior county player formerly with MS & now with Passage
    had to make an apology to DLS after remarks made on Facebook!
    Surely the progression of 'Waterford Hurling' should be to the forefront
    of 'All' those involved with hurling in Waterford & leave this stupid & childish behaviour to children! How can players who are then selected to represent the county at senior level function or play as a team.

It's a pity that some players didn't take this form of aggression on to the field with them when we played Tipp' in this years semi-final or in the slaughter of 2008! It's time all those involved with Waterford GAA grew up & acted responsibly. Kilkenny have won four All-Irelands in the last five years. It will be one hundred years before we make it to three!

who cares what they said so long as they try and play out national game well,try thier best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

^ not true,

Now as I have said a number of times I'm not the biggest fan of Hurling but I enjoy watching it and of course would like to see Waterford do well.

But if these guys came out on facebook and said for example "I hope DLS get hammered and their players are ****" like Silly said can you imagine what the tension will be like at their first training.

Having said that, if the status was an obvious joke it's PC gone mad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

Would people on Kilkenny boards start idiotic threads called "Would this happen in Waterford?"

I find this sort of self-flagellation and groveling prostration before the might of Kilkenny (the county, the team, the people, the genetics, and/or the culture? -- I don't know) kind of humorous and sad.

Freud would have a field day with the love/hate nature of it. Deep down, what do you want "Kilkenny" to do to you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭Yes Boss

merlante wrote: »
    Would people on Kilkenny boards start idiotic threads called "Would this happen in Waterford?"

I find this sort of self-flagellation and groveling prostration before the might of Kilkenny (the county, the team, the people, the genetics, and/or the culture? -- I don't know) kind of humorous and sad.

Freud would have a field day with the love/hate nature of it. Deep down, what do you want "Kilkenny" to do to you?

Well According to Freud - It was all Sexual, so what would you suggest??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

Yes Boss wrote: »
    Well According to Freud - It was all Sexual, so what would you suggest??

A field day.

Advertisement