Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Give Blood - Monday 29th Nov -> Thursday 2nd Dec

Options
  • 24-11-2010 7:29pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just to let you know the blood clinic will be in the Astra Hall in the Student Centre from Monday 29th November to Thursday 2nd December next week.

To find about more about the blood donation process, and to take a quiz to see if you're eligible, have a read through www.giveblood.ie

Interesting facts:
    Only 3% of the Irish Population donate blood. Of those that are eligible to give blood, only 5% do so regularly.
    One in four people will need a blood transfusion at some point in their lives.
    Over 3,000 donors are needed each week.
    One car accident victim may require up to 30 units of blood, a bleeding ulcer could require anything between 3-30 units of blood and a coronary artery bypass may use between 1-5 units of blood
    A unit of blood lasts for just 35 days

If you're eligible, please give blood and encourage your friends to do so too!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Can you just walk in and have it done or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Yep, you don't have to do anything in preparation, though you should eat something before.

Would urge everyone who can to do it. Unfortunately can't give blood myself, but it's an amazing thing to do so if you can, do go.

There's a blood donation eligibility test here for anyone who wants to know if they can give blood:

http://www.giveblood.ie/Become_a_Donor/Give_Blood/Can_I_Give_Blood/Can_I_Give_Blood_Question_1.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Would like to, but they don't want my blood

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gingy

Really a great thing to do, I've been avoiding it, due to my fear of needles stuck into me, but as the ad used to say other people are scared of dying...On the 'to do' list.

Advertisement