Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mattress question

Options
  • 24-11-2010 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭

Hi,

In regards to beds and the mattresses I have a question.

I moved into an apartment, lease is signed, and now I discover one issue after the other.

Ok, the mattress in the single room is really really worn and one side of the mattress is completely gone and worn. I have asked the agent to replae the mattress but she says that because its the spare room it doesnt matter what state its in. The landlord offered to give me a mattress cover.

The agent already told me that I should've checked everything before signing the lease, but its hard to check a full apartment in the 10 minutes they give you. Furthermore, I had to sign the lease at the agency instead of the house.

Whats normal here? Do I have the right to a new mattress or is a mattress cover from the landlord suficient to legally shut me up?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Spare room or not they should replace the mattress if it's worn. Also the lease you signed isn't worth a damn unless it's drafted by a solicitor but if you were to break it you might have difficulty getting your deposit back.

Contact Threshold for expert advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Poncke

TheZohan wrote: »
    Spare room or not they should replace the mattress if it's worn. Also the lease you signed isn't worth a damn unless it's drafted by a solicitor but if you were to break it you might have difficulty getting your deposit back.

Contact Threshold for expert advice.

Thanks Zohan, the lease is fine, its the mattress that bugs me. But thanks, I thought the same thing.

Just bugs me that they told me I should have checked before signing the lease. There is always things you find after you moved in.

Advertisement