Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas in Dublin

Options
  • 24-11-2010 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭

Hi all, had a quick search through the forum for this but no topic had been made recently.

What sorts of events are on in the city over Xmas? I did my undergrad there for three years and am currently living in Scotland so would like to spend a good festive weekend with my friends in a couple of weeks time.

I know about the Chocolate Festival in Temple Bar (most, if not all the events are booked out), the various markets in Cows Lane/Temple Bar and the events on in the National Library.

We're all in our early twenties, like the outdoors, creative/artsy events and good value (who doesn't these days?), cosy cafés and bars.

Thanks! Hope this will prove useful to someone else too, so please feel free to post suggestions!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

I'm assuming it'll be back this year, but last year there was a great Bavarian style Christmas market in the IFSC, was really nice. There's a Christmas radio station called Christmas FM (I assume that'll be back too), and there's ice skating in the RDS, Smithfield, the roof of Arnotts, and more than likely a few other places.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

There's a pretty comprehensive forum about this here on Tripadvisor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Lollymcd wrote: »
    There's a pretty comprehensive forum about this here on Tripadvisor

Great, thanks, I wouldn't have found this otherwise.
    I'm assuming it'll be back this year, but last year there was a great Bavarian style Christmas market in the IFSC, was really nice. There's a Christmas radio station called Christmas FM (I assume that'll be back too), and there's ice skating in the RDS, Smithfield, the roof of Arnotts, and more than likely a few other places.

Oh that market sounds divine, I'll keep my eyes peeled!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

here us a few festive Christmas events - might get a few ideas there

Advertisement