Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

scooter, what do i need

• 24-11-2010 8:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭

Im looking into getting a cheap scooter as a runabout, too lazy to cycle. Besides the scooter what am i looking at paying for insurance tax etc. Im 24 and have a full drivers licence (car)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 451 ✭✭thetyreman

Yeo,your looking at about 250/280 euro for insurance on a 50cc scooter,

Now to hijack your question,im in the same position at minute with trying to get the misses on the road on a 50cc peugeot scoot,thats how i know the insuranc cost,anyway iv a question on the licence,i just looked at her licence,same as you full car,she got it renewed in 2000 and the bike licence up to 125 isnt on it anymore,So my questin is does she have to do the theory test to get a permit to drive a 50cc scooter,and if so i think the compolsory driveing lessons rule is comeing in on the 6/7 december that says you have to have 16hours of training before you get the permit,cananyone confirm this for me,,
    Just to rcap,she has no A1 on her licence,so does this mean she willhave t do the theory test,,,thanks,,,,,,and sorry for the hijack but it is of mutual interest,,,,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

The A1 license isn't on the car license. The M license used to be. This allows you to drive a bike up to 50cc but only if it's restricted so it can't go over 45km/hr. Most 50cc scooters should do about 80km/hr. Don't bother with the m license, apply for your theory test for the A learner permit asap. Not sure how long it takes but you want to get it before the 6th or you're looking at 16 hours training. If you do end up having to get the 16 hours training, I would try and do them on a geared bike with a clutch as this is more than enough time to get you to a level where you would pass your full license test. (not sure if there is a fixed sylabus for the 16 hours or if it's just 16 hours of lessons you need?)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 451 ✭✭thetyreman

Yea as i thought,i applieonline lastnight and got theory test for the 6th,friday week,.so heres hopeing she passes it...

Advertisement