Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luas Stop for Leopardstown Racecourse

Options
  • 24-11-2010 8:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering which stop would you best getting off at for Leopardstown Races?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Sandyford and a five minute walk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Am I missing something, or are two of the new Luas stops in the middle of fields?

Am I missing something, or are two of the new Luas stops in the middle of fields?

pretty much

Brides Glen: half built industrial estate and wasteground with a lake
    Cherrywood: One set of apartment blocks and wasteground
    Laughanstown: development never started, field
    Future Stop: fields
    Carrackmines: Some local housing estates, not a whole lot
    Future Stop: not much
    Ballyogan wood: new housing estate, older housing estate, lots of semi built apts
    All the rest: lots of semi built apartments schemes but slightly more developed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭dynamick

I think Central Park may be best for the racecourse. There's a pedestrian shortcut to the east of the station into Leopardstown hospital, cut south through the hospital around the back of Microsoft and there's a footpath into the racecourse. It's not that well known.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

pretty much

Brides Glen: half built industrial estate and wasteground with a lake
    Cherrywood: One set of apartment blocks and wasteground
    Laughanstown: development never started, field
    Future Stop: fields
    Carrackmines: Some local housing estates, not a whole lot
    Future Stop: not much
    Ballyogan wood: new housing estate, older housing estate, lots of semi built apts
    All the rest: lots of semi built apartments schemes but slightly more developed

That's pretty much my observation of it. I wad a bit surprised that the Carrickmines stop is the other side of the motorway to what I would call Carrickmines as well. Still, I suppose anyone getting off at Stillorgan and heading for the leisure plex is in for a bit of a shock as well.

• Advertisement

That's pretty much my observation of it. I wad a bit surprised that the Carrickmines stop is the other side of the motorway to what I would call Carrickmines as well. Still, I suppose anyone getting off at Stillorgan and heading for the leisure plex is in for a bit of a shock as well.

Ballyogan Wood should be Carrickmines I reckon and Carrickmines something else, not sure what though

• Registered Users Posts: 8 musedcitizen

The planners are a shower of knob heads

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Yea have to get off at Ballyogan Wood rather than Carrickmines if heading into the retail park... strange planning... or terrible planning!Still happy we got it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Fred the station is on the Site of the Old Carrickmines station on the Dublin Wicklow & Wexford's mainline from Harcourt Street to Bray, where you cross the motorway when this station was in use on the old service was just farmland, have a look at this site, has some interesting photo's of old stations.

http://eiretrains.com/Photo_Gallery/Railway%20Stations%20C/Carrickmines/IrishRailwayStations.html

21/25

Advertisement