Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone receive registration fee's overdue letter even though they are on a full grant

Options
  • 24-11-2010 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I got a letter today to say my registration fee of e1500 is overdue. I am in receipt of a full grant. Fee's + Maintainence. I had all my forms signed and stamped the first day they were doing it, and I've even received my first payment from the grant. Has this happened to anyone else?? I'm really anxious about it, I only got the the letter at 7 so I couldn't ring the fee's office. I emailed them a few minutes ago. I will not be able to pay this, my grant is literally feeding me until I can find some work.

Thanks xxxx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Toby_2010

Dont worry you wont have to pay it if you are receiving a full grant! This id imagine is a mistake by the college or in the forms you filled out.. to put your self at ease you'd be best off calling into the office when their open tomorrow... and drop into Aoife in the SU.. she will point you in the right direction!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Bring the letter to the Fees Office tomorrow and explain you are on a grant. Is it for €1500 or €72?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Some local authorities are shockingly behind in their processing of grant applications (see here). Realistically, either UL should be already aware of this or the DoE/local councils should have told them so that they'd be aware of this.

It's not listed in the story to which I've linked but, for example, Limerick County Council still have to process 367 grant applications of a total of 717 applications received, meaning that 51% of applications have yet to be processed. Cork CoCo are even further behind, with a massive 885 applications waiting to be processed of 1612 applications this year. Only eight local authorities of the 33 we have in Ireland have finished processing all applications made. Most of them have left themselves with a huge backlog, which is unlikely to be cleared before Christmas.

As mentioned above, the best thing you can do is to go to the Fees office and explain that your application still hasn't been processed. Though they should be well aware anyway that there are thousands of applications that were made on time that are still to be looked at by local authorities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Daisy Steiner

The same thing happened me last year. I mailed SAA and they told me they were not aware that I was in receipt of the grant . . . even though they processed the payment, stamped all the forms etc, go figure!

It won't be a problem.

Although, as someone above said, have you paid your €72 contribution? You have to pay that yourself.

I'm in second year now and there's been no problem with the grant/fees this year. Apart from waiting ages for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭RyanK

Me and my brother also got this letter also, and we are both on full grants. My brother contacted them and said that we won't have to pay the €1,500. However, my brother does have to pay the €72, but I don't. So check to see if you have to pay that or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

I'm the same. Paid the 72 euro at the start of the year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Anyone who has received this should email me on suwelfare@ul.ie so that I can get your name and ID number and follow up with Fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭smilerxxx

Hi guys, sorry about the delay.
    I was on placement so I was unable to drop into the fee's office but I did get to speak to them. The request was for e1500, I paid the e72 the day i got the bank giro. Anyway, they were unaware I was receiving a grant :eek::eek: I thought this was a bit silly as my forms were stamped and signed and all that other stuff. I've been very lucky and have gotten my first payment, so hopefully thats the end of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Anyone gotten a second one of these letters, I received one today even though I am in full receipt of grant

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Got the second one today, email Limerick Co Co again and my grant is still waiting for final approval from the supervisor 6 weeks on.

really getting pee off by this I need this money or at the very least the fees paid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭RyanK

Also got a second letter today and emailed my county council once again, even though I got an email a couple of months ago saying it was sorted.... Sigh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭citizenerased1

yeah my ould lass paid the 1500 at the start of the semester and hasnt got it back yet :eek: even though im on the full + maintainence too!

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭CarefulNow

yeah my ould lass paid the 1500 at the start of the semester and hasnt got it back yet :eek: even though im on the full + maintainence too!

Go into the fees office and they'll sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭StevieNicksFan

I paid the 1500 at the start of the semester along with 5000 postgrad fees as i didnt know if i was gettin the grant or not..im gettin full grant and maintainence now and i had 2 go into the fees office 3 times for them to send an invoice back to the co. council. The co. council had to get this invoice 2 prove the fees were paid so they could refund me..fair enough. 3 times i waited in the never ending queue for the fees office & still didn't work (they didnt really care bout sendin the invoice to the council cuz they already got their money, it would have been a different story if they hadn't got paid at all). I got the very nice lady in the council to ring the office on my behalf and she demanded they send the letter back.

Basically just hassle them until its sorted and even get the council 2 ring them if that where the problem lies

Advertisement