Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which Provider? What Type Of Broadband? Broadband In My Area? !!POST HERE ONLY!!

1373839404143»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11 bluetangle

Hi

A question for our experts !

Living in D15 and was recently upgraded by Virgin Media to fibre broadband to the outside of the house.

Still have a cable connection to my VMbroadband router. Does that mean service is poorer than on fibre for house to router.

Paying €70 per month to VM.

Recently got a text from Sky offering fibre broadband for half the price of VM.

Does anyone know if Sky will carry out the final part of the fibre connection to their router or do I need to request Virgin to do the final connection first.

Anything I should consider regarding Sky broadband as want to keep my phone line.

Might use Sky in order to get a reduction from VM.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Its up to Sky to arrange the installation through VM and their installers (usually contractors).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11 bluetangle

Interesting. Current deal with VM ends early November. Might be able to use Sky to get a decent price from Virgin.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭joe123

Anyone experience with Pure Telecom? For 40 a month I can get 1gb fibre. They are coming in the cheapest behind sky.

Any issues with them blocking vpns or anything? I would go with sky but two people I know have had issues with them, weird buffer issues on Netflix and what's app not loading even though they are both on FTTH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

I don't have any issues with Pure blocking VPNs or anything -= I did have an issue with their CS at the start when my line got damaged - it took making a format complaint before anyone would actually do anything about it.

I've also had Sky before that and never had any issues with Netflix or WHatsApp - maybe that's related the their recent issues around weird routing/ UK IP address assignment.

I've used my own hardware too

• Advertisement
Advertisement