Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone timeouts

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Moogintroll

jay93 wrote: »
    if your speed is slow with UTV expect it to get 10 times worse with vodafone you might be saving money but your getting a worse connection from them trust me avoid them i wouldnt put myself through the stress of dealing with such a bad managed comapany

The tech support is simply dreadful too. For me, the network generally drops out at 8:30 PM (hasn't done it in a week though, touch wood) meaning I have to endure the same perky, upbeat and utterly inane song on repeat for half an hour before they knock off for the night and just hang up on me.

If you get lucky and get through to somebody they will refuse to deviate from their script so you have to go through the exact same pointless checklist every bloody time. It's nearly impossible to convince them that the problem isn't the damn splitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭da4i's

Thanks lads - will steer away from voda so.
    Last time I saw so many people complaining about broadband service was with Ice broadband. And we all know what they were like lol.

Dave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭ongarite

redman wrote: »
    apparently they have reset connections to much lower speeds and you need to ring in to have the speeds reset.....
    I'll try later

Same for me. I was on the 5k/512mb profile and have been having the disconnecting issues with Vodafone for the last 2 weeks.

They dropped my profile to 4K/384 and it has helped a little but its not the cause of the problem as I have been on this profile for 5 years with no issues.

In the last 2 weeks, the SNR on my router has varied wildly dropping to <6db causing my disconnects. A hour later the SNR will be back up to its regular 17dB and my connection will be stable.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Thomasofmel

I've been restarting my router few times a day (vodafone) - connection keeps dropping regularly - very frustrating. But it seems that there are no other serious DSL providers out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Heroes

I have the exact same problem, Vodafone are a nightmare to deal with steer clear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Thomasofmel

I was onto Vodafone again, they checked my line and came back stating that all is fine, but the fault is in the exchange. It seems to be a known fault and at the moment there is no fix for it :mad: one of the technicians even said that I should switch provider - anybody know a good DSL provider in the Drogheda area? Cheers :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

I was onto Vodafone again, they checked my line and came back stating that all is fine, but the fault is in the exchange. It seems to be a known fault and at the moment there is no fix for it :mad: one of the technicians even said that I should switch provider - anybody know a good DSL provider in the Drogheda area? Cheers :eek:

I have the issues as you i have been calling vodafone for weeks and they finally admitted that its a problem with with equipment which affects 25% of thier customers nationwide those of us on an LLU exchange that is. Im so sick and tried of it all i have decided to go back to eircom. Its vodafones MSANS that are the issue bot your equipment. They sent an eircom engineer to my house and he said all was fine and we should be able to have a steady stable service. Vodafone is the issue here lads not your modems or you lines its vodas own equipment that is at fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,560 ✭✭✭Vodafone: Darren

Hiya folks,
    Just to pop in here.
    We can take a look at lines, reset speed profiles and such for you.
    If you'd like to PM me landline numbers and a quick rundown of the issue, we can:
    A) take a look at the line and fix anything that is wrong
    B) Escalate anything we can't fix directly to senior management

Advertisement