Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Golf R32 - Should I convert to van to save on VRT!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

draffodx wrote: »
    That was before the NCT crowd took over doing the VRT checks though, I'd assume that they'd be looking out for that kind of thing now.

Yeah, I've heard they check more if it's being imported than if say you were changing an Irish registered private vehicle to commercial.

I'm not convinced that you'll be able to do this OP.
    Before you buy that R32 I think you should realise that you may end up having to import and tax it as a private vehicle.
    Let us know how you get on though.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭hanloj1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

hanloj1 wrote: »
    buy a renault r26r

THAT'S the car I was thinking about, I remember people talking about bringing them in as a van. Cracker of a car! Much more attractive than the Golf (and I have a Golf hothatch).

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭hanloj1

John_Rambo wrote: »
    THAT'S the car I was thinking about, I remember people talking about bringing them in as a van. Cracker of a car! Much more attractive than the Golf (and I have a Golf hothatch).

serious car. it was on top gear. i know one that was cleared as a van. plenty of room in back even with rollcage.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭dontclickonthis

hanloj1 wrote: »

Me wants a R32 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭S Line

see attached

problem solved

It is golf based, should be able to bung in the r32 running gear !!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Do you have trouble understanding what the words "I think" mean :confused:
    I never stated anything as fact, hence the reason for linking to the other thread so the OP could read up more about this.

I was referring to the second half of your post, any more issues drop me a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

S Line wrote: »
    see attached

problem solved

It is golf based, should be able to bung in the r32 running gear !!!!!

Unless you got a 4motion caddy fitting an R32 running gear would be a a major nightmare.If you want a cut price R32 with more sleeper status for your buck then buy a 3.2 A3 quattro,that's what i'd do and then turbo it (i will have one one day)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mB2NVegSh90

Advertisement