Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to airport for 7pm?

Options
  • 24-11-2010 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I need to pick up a friend at the airport on a Friday evening at about 7.15pm.

I can either leave from the city centre after work, or from home, which is near the Leopardstown M50 ramp ...

Where is the best place to leave from and how long should I give the journey? Am fully aware it'll be the middle of rush hour :eek:

Thanks!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,975 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Personal opinion id leave from Leopardstown. Traffic will not be that bad circa 6:45 heading northbound. But drumcondra out tends to be a pain in the ass. Although if you so wished to take the Port Tunnel from town then town would be quicker...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

I'd go with the m50. Tunnels a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

I'd go from town. Leave at about 6.45. Traffic will be breaking up then anyway. Bus lane all the way from Dorset Street to M1 at Whitehall can be used after 7pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Yea but even that is a nightmare. I do be coming in the opposite direction at that time and it looks like it's at a complete standstill. On the other hand the nights where I go onto the m50 at that time it looks like it's moving fairly well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭flas

just go up through phibsborough and the ballymun road,runs parrell to dorset street and drumcondra but without half the traffic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Avoid going the Dorset St/Drumcondra way at all costs. At the most random times of the day, evening and night that can be bumper to bumper. Not worth taking the chance on it.

From town the tunnel is your best bet but pretty pricey if you ask me.

I'd take the M50 if I were you, quicker than Drumcondra and cheaper than the tunnel.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Leopardstown->M50 no question.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,510 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

sdonn wrote: »
    Leopardstown->M50 no question.

+1

Advertisement