Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lucan Bus routes - bring back the 25X

• 24-11-2010 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I for one am already really missing the 25X - the 25a/b bus route now adds at least 30 mins or more during peak times due to the new route of going down the Liffey Valley ramp as well as stopping at every single stop.

I'm not convinced they are going as frequently as promised judging by the crowding at every bus stop.

I used to get from Leeson st. to Griffeen in 50 minutes on a good day - now it's more like 1 hour 20 minutes. This is like the bad old days of no decent commuting time into town.

I think Dublin Bus should bring back the 25X for us hardworking commuters - an extra hour a day is just not fair.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭fuzzsc00ta

Have to agree. There was at least 100 people waiting at the Ballyowen Road Junction (Stop 4601) yesterday morning at 8am. Full buses kept driving past. Dublin Bus have had someone at the stop since Tuesday trying to manage the queues of people, but you're lucky if you can squeeze into the buses that do manage to stop. Must be a nightmare for the drivers.

Also, the route the buses are taking from Merrion Sq means they get caught in heavy traffic (30 mins from Merrion Sq to Aston Quay Wednesday evening). I think it would be better to go down Pearse st.

Does anybody know the best way to constructively complain to Dublin Bus?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Well if they've had someone managing queues at the bus stop the first thing to do would be to ask that person to help you complain. Ask them to complain on your behalf. Then you should complain in writing (email or letter) and by phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Gloves

It's just desperate that they have someone managing queues - they fully expected this amount of disorganisation in that case.

I was on a 25b yesterday - 5pm approx. from Leeson St. and the driver was actively trying to avoid stopping at stops. I won't go into detail but he must have been trying to make time up for some reason as there must have already been complaints. He skipped the stop at Westmoreland completely and tried to skip the next one on the quays as there was a 25a already there only for a woman stood out in the lane of traffic to stop him and he had to turn in.

As for official complaints the only secure way to complain is to send a letter by registered post and then keep a copy - it's the only way you'll get a decent answer as Dublin Bus have to stick to the Customer Charter and you'll have proof of postage.

Bring back the 25X - I think we need a petition. Maybe I should contact all the local politicians.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Gloves wrote: »
    He skipped the stop at Westmoreland completely
    There is no stop on Westmoreland Street anymore. Suffolk Street and then Aston Key, that's it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Gloves

oops my mistake - however he was in the right (outer) lane at the next stop trying to pass it out until a woman (probably going to Adamstown) practically waved him down to stop which he did.

• Advertisement
Advertisement