Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Age of building

Options
  • 24-11-2010 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I cannot for the life of me ascertain the age of a particular building on which I am doing a BER. The client thinks 1960'ish. A previous BER assessor (house has been sold and had HES works done since) put in 1979. ESB networks told me the only info they have is that a new meter was installed in 1987. They don't know when the house was first connected to the grid.
    Client lives abroad so can't ask the neighbours + it is quite a bit away from me to go back and start knocking on doors. I have searched the web but can't get anything useful. Anyone got an idea? Any tools out there which give age based on mprn?

On another note, is anyone else experiencing the situation whereby HES contractors seem unable to fill in the claim form properly. I have done 5 assessments in a row now where the client had to go back to the contractor and chase them down to fill out the form properly

Advertisement