Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halfords ads

Options
  • 24-11-2010 10:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭

I've noticed Halfords run gmail ads which often are often out of synch with their site. Usually
    www.Halfords.ie/Bikes - UpTo 1/3 Off All Carrera Bikes Plus Free Build & Safety Check Available

When the Carrera bikes are not on sale, but the Apollo bikes are.

Currently they have a slightly different wording on the site to the ad.
    UpTo 1/3 Off Selected Carrera Bikes

They've been doing this constantly for a couple of months now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If you believe the ads to be misleading or incorrect, then contact the ASAI.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I've done that. I was wondering has anyone else noticed it. Maybe with other things in Halfords.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

Halfords are overpriced - even some of their "sale" prices are over priced.

Go to a local independent dealer who will give you a fair price, proper advice and will always be on hand if anything goes wrong.

91011 The point of the thread is to talk about Halford's advertising.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

dudara wrote: »
    91011 The point of the thread is to talk about Halford's advertising.

dudara

yes - their advertising tells you bikes are 1/2 price or 33% off and the reality is its off their over inflated prices a and a local bike store would probably still beat that price wuth their everyday pricing.

Basically, their advertising cannot be believed, so check local stores prices before believing any adverting by the likes of Halfords.

• Advertisement

The question is in relation to advertising deals that don't seem to be in the store. Nothing to do with pricing.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,083 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

It seems more like lack of coordination in the advertising department than intent to deceive.

All that I've noticed with Halfords advertising is that they don't seem to have the same promotions at the same time in the UK and Ireland, and this must be confusing some of their people as well as customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I think if they have the smarts to do email ads and constantly change the ads around, always in their favour, its not lack coordination. This is solely related to the Irish ads /website/store.

The UK/IRL thing is a different issue.

Advertisement