Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking up Honours Maths again in 6th year

• 24-11-2010 11:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Would this be completely ridiculous? If I do, I'm going to drop to ordinary French to give me more time for it. I just feel like I really limited myself by dropping to ordinary in October of 5th year, when I thought that I wouldn't want to do any courses that would need it. Now it's nearly December in 6th year and I'm doing fast paced ordinary Maths and finding it really easy. Would it be at all feasible to take up honours again and get above a C3?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Sorry, no. That would be impossible, wouldn't say it for anything else, but honors maths is hard for people having done it since the beginning. You have missed way too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 mozzypuffs

I have actually gone down to pass French to do honors Maths this year.
    I still find Maths very hard but i am coping.From October to November we have completed hard chapters. Even if i miss one class of maths i feel completely lost.
    I'm sorry but i cant see you going back up unless you get grinds weekly and have to have extra classes on what you have missed....its a lot of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭osullic

It would be tough certainly but if you are extremely good at pass maths maybe you can.
    Did you an A at higher junior cert level?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭DaveMur1

Honours Maths now , is basically impossible to do between now and june.Dropping higher French is a bad choice ,realisttically a B3 is easily achievable in higher level French!

If maths is however a course requirement that you need do higher maths this year be prepared to repeat 6th year & re-do everything all over again !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭amortentia

Thanks for the replies, I posted this thread on a whim without really thinking it through at all and I'm definitely not going to bother, and just make do with what I have. It wouldn't be worth it for the couple of courses that I could potentially get into with it. Good luck to the person taking it up again!

• Advertisement
Advertisement