Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

decent 30mm high mounts for 11mm dovetail

Options
  • 24-11-2010 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭

i'm after buying myself a new scope to replace my crappy hawke nite eye on my weihrauch hornet so i'm looking for a decent set of 30mm high mounts to fit on the 11mm dovetail, can anyone recommend a decent set for me? everything i find online seems to be cheap alloy ones designed for air rifles or rimfires, i know the hornet isn't much of a hard recoiler but i'd still prefer to match a good scope with good mounts

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

ormondprop wrote: »
    i'm after buying myself a new scope to replace my crappy hawke nite eye on my weihrauch hornet so i'm looking for a decent set of 30mm high mounts to fit on the 11mm dovetail, can anyone recommend a decent set for me? everything i find online seems to be cheap alloy ones designed for air rifles or rimfires, i know the hornet isn't much of a hard recoiler but i'd still prefer to match a good scope with good mounts

Burris
    http://www.burrisoptics.com/rings1.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

i was looking at them but i couldnt find any 30mm ones to fit an 11mm dovetail, all the 30mm ones seemed to be weaver and all the 11mm ones were 1" rings

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Liam_D

Millett or warne should make mounts that suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

Did you check the Weihrauch web site for a set to suit.

i emailed them a while back when i was thinking of changing the scope and they recommended apel mounts but i cant find anyone who sells them in ireland or who has a pricelist online

• Advertisement

i emailed them a while back when i was thinking of changing the scope and they recommended apel mounts but i cant find anyone who sells them in ireland or who has a pricelist online

I bought apel mounts a good while back from Gerry Scully Athlone, try him they are expensive but good. 09064-92486

thanks deerhunter, can you remember roughly how much they are

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Nothing wrong with the Sportsmatch mounts for your Hornet.

Sportsmatch here and available at a good price from Tanado as well as from many good gun dealers.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭demonloop

+1 for Sportsmatch and Michael Tawn

i have a set of high sportsmatch on my .22 so i might go for them again, i was looking them up and i think i might barely get away with medium sportsmatch, the scope is a schmidt and bender 4-16x50 and the objective is 2.24" http://www.schmidtbender.com/specs4_16x50.htm
    which converts to 56.896mm, so am i right in thinking that takin 30mm from this for the tube leaves 26.9mm, then halving this to work out the height of mount required which would be 13.5mm and medium sportsmatch mounts are 15mm
    http://www.scopemounts.co.uk/air_rifles.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Goosie

I've got a set of single strap bkl-300 http://www.bkltech.com/category_s/58.htm in matt black here if you want to give them a try. I only bought them recently to mount a Bushnell 6500 but it left the scope too far above the bore for my liking. The Bushnells front bell is less than 50mm od. Dont forget you might want to put a pair of flip ups on that nice S&B.

thanks deerhunter, can you remember roughly how much they are

Sorry away for a few days, I bought them 2nd hand around the 200euro mark if I remember right.

every1 seemed to give sportsmatch good reviews so i'm after buying a set of medium ones of intershoot to see will they fit

Advertisement