Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birthday Ideas for Mum when close to due date

Options
  • 24-11-2010 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭

Guys and gals ,

I’ve a little bit of an unusual one here

My partner is due our first baby on the 14th December. We are counting down the days and all we ever talk about is our new arrival with the exciting times ahead. The question I have is as follows :-

My partner is celebrating her birthday on the 6th December – just before our arrival . It is very hard to celebrate . Going out is probably a little uncomfortable for my partner and it’s hard to go away over night . I’m looking to make this one a little special as I know future birthdays may be over shadowed by junior . So mums to be please tell me, what would you really enjoy at this time

Any suggestions would be great

Thanks … P

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

A nice take away and a dvd.
    Sounds simple but when you are heavily pregnant it is bliss!

Maybe you could organise for her to have a few pregnancy pampering treats if she would appreciate it like a massage and facial.

On the other hand she might end up getting a baby for her birthday;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Our son was born shortly after my birthday - being honest he was far better than any present my husband could get me. He did end up getting me a designer nappy bag (my choice) and lots of chocolate for after the birth (our son was born at Easter). Next year my husband may be getting a late birthday present of a child for his birthday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

My mum's birthday was 9 days before I was born, and obviously I'm going on what I was told as I wasn't there just yet :P But a cosy night in where you treat her in every way you can think of :P Apparently my dad took lessons on how to give an amazing footrub, he can be thoughtful when he has to be :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

I would have loved a long soak in the bath complete with backrub, a takeaway dinner, a dvd (something funny), fresh sheets on the bed (it's a battle to change them when you're humungous), another backrub in bed, a footrub, any kind of a rub really!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

oh the thing i loved most in my last few weeks was going to get my hair done, so maybe book appointment for that and maybe few things in beauty salon. Goes once you have a baby its hard to get those roots done. Maybe say it to people when booking that you might have to cancel last minute

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭melsbells

being a beautican i've had a few people in like yourself, knowing they want to book something but not a clue what exactly!!
    i would recommend if you want to treat her at a salon, check with a friend/sister that you find the one she goes to, the best treatment for heavily pregnant women imo would be a pedicure, special emphasis on the foot and leg massage and a head neck and shoulder massage. tell the beautican your oh is heavily pregnant and its her birthday so you really want to spoil her, hopefully they take the hint and treat her like a princess:D
    if you want to go all out, find out how long it all takes and book her in for a blow dry straight after so she wont be coming home looking like a mess!
    that eve phone for a chinese,get a dvd,light a few candles and a nice fire;)

(btw already your a gem in my book by asking what you can do from other pregnant women, as least your trying:D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭melsbells

thanks pat, hope yee enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

I agree with a pampering session - could be the last bit of R&R she gets for a while! Every woman feels fabulous after getting her done, so book an appointment somewhere swanky, and maybe take her to a beautician's for a facial/mani/pedi. Then cook or buy in her favourite dinner and dessert and a DVD. Basically just pamper her for the day!

Advertisement