Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trails in Clare?

• 24-11-2010 11:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of any other trails in Clare, excluding the Burren, Killaloe and Cratloe? Any around Ennis?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 theotherone

Maghera,Dromore,Lees Rd,Dromoland ,Kilmaley.. Get your self some OSI maps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Maghera,Dromore,Lees Rd,Dromoland ,Kilmaley.. Get your self some OSI maps
    Lee's Rd? Thats not really a cycling trail, apart from the initial left turn past the astro turf, thats really as good as it gets :P Never heard of Maghera, I'll look it up. Where are there trails in Kilmaley? Went over by Ballybeg woods (Both sides of Kilrush Rd.) but the forests there are way to thick to cycle, I'd need actually build a trail lol :P

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Biopace

In Clare there are some trails up by Kilbane, Truagh and Oatfield.
    Near Limerick City there are some trails out by Murroe at Slievefelim.
    Keeper and the Silvermines isn't too far either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭ryan0380

Biopace wrote: »
    In Clare there are some trails up by Kilbane, Truagh and Oatfield.
    Near Limerick City there are some trails out by Murroe at Slievefelim.
    Keeper and the Silvermines isn't too far either.

Where abouts in slieve felim? I often go walking up there and all I have come across is forestry roads. Is the there some singletrack that I have been missing out on? Again forest seems very thick up there but maybe I have missed some trails. It's not too far from my parents house and would be great if there are some trails other than forestry roads, might save me some trips up to ballyhoura

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Biopace

I'll see if I can dig out a map, lots of forest road up there but there are some nice bits of single track hidden in the trees, impossible at this time of year (very deep puddles and mud) but good fun in the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭ryan0380

Thanks biopace,

deep puddles and mud sounds like fun too,
    will have to go exploring the next time I am at the parents.

Advertisement