Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veterinarian in Letterkenny area needed urgently

Options
  • 25-11-2010 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Does anyone know of a good competent Veterinarian in the Letterkenny area? I have a small dog that appears to be very sick and is in need of professional care.

The dog has seen the Veterinarian just up from the Dry Arch roundabout and was sent to Belfast after. He has been home about 2 weeks now and seems to be coming down with this Pneumonia again. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Does anyone know of a good competent Veterinarian in the Letterkenny area? I have a small dog that appears to be very sick and is in need of professional care.

The dog has seen the Veterinarian just up from the Dry Arch roundabout and was sent to Belfast after. He has been home about 2 weeks now and seems to be coming down with this Pneumonia again. Thanks

Do you mean a different one to the one up Lurgybrack, Donegal animal hospital?

If not i know they have a Vet on 24hr call, if you phone their number, http://www.goldenpages.ie/Pet_Grooming_&_Supplies/Donegal_Animal_Hospital_Letterkenny/IE_20362043_9999_1001 an answering machine tells you the number to phone i think the vet goes to the vet surgery and meets you there, other than that i don't know if any other vets supply the service?

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Vinegar Hill

Do you mean a different one to the one up Lurgybrack, Donegal animal hospital?

If not i know they have a Vet on 24hr call, if you phone their number, http://www.goldenpages.ie/Pet_Grooming_&_Supplies/Donegal_Animal_Hospital_Letterkenny/IE_20362043_9999_1001 an answering machine tells you the number to phone i think the vet goes to the vet surgery and meets you there, other than that i don't know if any other vets supply the service?

Thanks for that. I may have to take him there tomorrow. I put him in a humidifier and he seems to be breathing easier at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

h
    Thanks for that. I may have to take him there tomorrow. I put him in a humidifier and he seems to be breathing easier at the moment.

I've had to go to the 24hr service a few times, don't be afraid to ring them thats what they are they for, can't remember the price but it wasn't too bad concidering we always nice any time i had to phone, but i was in there regular for a while when my da's dog had the tumor removed from his lower jaw.

If it can wait till the morning there are a good few vets in the area, these other threads might help ya...

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055945081&highlight=vets
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055515781&highlight=vets

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭IsItJustMeOr...

Go to Ramelton vets, just around 15 minutes outside Letterkenny if even.
    They are excellent, extremely thorough and available 24 hours.

I've had a very bad experience with the Animal Hospital so will never, ever go there again. Moved because of the whole affair! Wish I could say more here, but can't for obvious reasons.

I will PM you Ramelton's phone number now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

I would second the voice for ramelton.. When my wee lass hurt her paw on some glass along the main road (grrr) i took her into them around 9pm, no problem at all and the vet was lovely! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Vinegar Hill

I ended up having to take the dog to the Vet at 3 this morning. Poor thing could not breath. The only Vet I was able to contact was the only at Lurgybrach.

On a good note, they say he is doing much better today after oxygen and antibiotics.

Advertisement