Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funk Flex Disses Tupac

• 25-11-2010 12:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭

I'm sure most have seen this, pretty odd to say the least.

Outlawz responded today with 'Warning Shots'.

I wouldn't really pay any attention to Flex or Outlawz normally but I'm just curious as to WTF Flex was thinking...dissing a much loved rapper that's been dead for nearly 15 years. If it's a publicity stunt, it's pretty desperate. Never liked the guy to be honest, would love to hear what some people in the industry (artists particularly) have to say about all of this.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Jay Ru

Flex was the man back in the 90's his shows where the ****, this is a bit odd though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

ive seen this but paid very little attention to it as i assumed it was a video from before pac's killing.
    am i right i thinking this was after pac's killing and does anyone know how recent it was?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

it's from last week i think.

He has also come out and cleared his postition on the matter
    I know some of his fans are upset," he noted on HOT 97. "Not only do I respect his music, I respect what he put down, what he made happen, the records he made, the records he sold, his positive energy in the beginning...and I know how passionate he was about his music. That's not where any of this came from."
    "Yes, he was very talented. Yes, he made great records and I also think he brought a negative energy into the game with the beefing and the erratic energy and the threats."
    "Yeah, maybe I should have did it like that or said it there and I didn't clarify myself when it happened. My bad to his fans who feel like I'm kicking somebody when they're not here. But when he was here, 'Pac was pushing out all that negative energy on television and in magazines. I know everybody loves the man and they should love him. But, I don't have to love him like that. I don't have to love 'Pac like that. I don't. This is just the way I feel."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Hugh Cream wrote: »
    does anyone know how recent it was?

Last week.

thats ****ed up and so is his explanation.
    ok he has his opinion about pac,theres no written law saying the whole world must love him but the man is dead,why air your grievances now when pac isnt around to fire back.
    lost some respect for flex.

• Advertisement

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    If it's a publicity stunt, it's pretty desperate.
    publicity stunt definitely,pretty low extremes to sink to in order to gain some publicity.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I dont think it's a publicity stunt, I dont think Flex would need it as he is still rather large and dropping bombs.

We would really need to see footage of what happened just before Flex went on his rant.

I think he was trying to mirror something like what Jay-Z said in a recent interview when asked who is top 5 MC's of ll time are.
    "I guess I would choose Big because of his ability to tell stories, to be humorous, to be dead serious. He just had it all, and the voice alone," Jay said of his friend. "I choose Pac because his fire would overcome his...what he doesn't have in technical skills would be overcome by passion. If you listen to that Tunnel verse with Big, he's saying "MC Hammer and the .357...women," Jay said, reciting a clean version of Big's bars, before continuing on about 2Pac. "Then you hear how he comes on, he just screams on the track. His passion could put a lot of guys to sleep."

Basically saying Pac was not technical, but had fire in his belly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

ye this goes back a bit between these two, but you cant diss a man that cant defend himself i mean its unfair but he feels the way he does.

Advertisement